The Student Room Group

Chemistry A-Level

Hi there guys. I was wanting to know if any of you guys know suitable courses for me to study A-Level Chemistry? I am 19 years old and enrolled on to a degree program but am wanting to study A-level Chemistry on the side if possible? What route do you suggest etc?
Original post by naanybready
Hi there guys. I was wanting to know if any of you guys know suitable courses for me to study A-Level Chemistry? I am 19 years old and enrolled on to a degree program but am wanting to study A-level Chemistry on the side if possible? What route do you suggest etc?

Hi there

Private tuition or self study is the only way I can think of in all honesty.
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there

Private tuition or self study is the only way I can think of in all honesty.

how would i do that? i mean that would i follow a course online or if i have the materials myself mostly to utilise them? secondly how would i sit the exam if i did self studying?
how would i do that? i mean that would i follow a course online or if i have the materials myself mostly to utilise them? secondly how would i sit the exam if i did self studying?

Hi again.

How you choose to learn is your choice. You could self study using a textbook/revision and past papers or have a tutor to teach you the content.

To sit the exam you'd need to find an exam centre and pay fees to sit your 3 Chemistry exams in the summer/autumn.

Hope this makes sense :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi again.

How you choose to learn is your choice. You could self study using a textbook/revision and past papers or have a tutor to teach you the content.

To sit the exam you'd need to find an exam centre and pay fees to sit your 3 Chemistry exams in the summer/autumn.

Hope this makes sense :smile:

do you know roughly how much they'd cost? how would the practicals side of it work? i have already passed that at a level
do you know roughly how much they'd cost? how would the practicals side of it work? i have already passed that at a level

£90-100 (From the link below for AQA). Unfortunately I don't know about practicals so it's best to ask exam centres.

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-ENTRY-FEES-AUT-2021.PDF

Quick Reply

Latest