The Student Room Group

withdrawal bleed

I’ve taken to stripes back to back but left a few pills in the last one, i also had sex the day i stopped taking them, it’s day 4 and i haven’t had my bleed but i take the pill correctly and alway take a missed pill before 12 hours of it being missed, and you can’t get pregnant during the break week since you’re protected for 7 days so having sex on the day i stopped taking them shouldn’t have caused pregnancy. does anyone know what’s going on and if this is normal or not?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve taken to stripes back to back but left a few pills in the last one, i also had sex the day i stopped taking them, it’s day 4 and i haven’t had my bleed but i take the pill correctly and alway take a missed pill before 12 hours of it being missed, and you can’t get pregnant during the break week since you’re protected for 7 days so having sex on the day i stopped taking them shouldn’t have caused pregnancy. does anyone know what’s going on and if this is normal or not?

Have you stopped taking the pill completely or not........

Is it normal to not bleed after stopping birth control.....
Can you have withdrawal bleeding after stopping birth control...
After stopping hormonal birth control, most women will have withdrawal bleeding within two to four weeks. After this withdrawal bleeding, your natural menstrual period should come back itself the following month.

I would suggest that you should go and speak to your doctor about this matter if you are concerned about it.
It maybe normal due to you stopping pill 4 day's earlier than should have done but it shouldn't have made any difference whether or not you stopped few days earlier than your pack finishing.

Your are correct about pregnancy while on pill and taking it properly each day would obviously protect you while on the 7 day break up, but if not then slim chance of getting pregnant........

It's possible that you might still bleed ok, (Will stopping birth control stop breakthrough bleeding..... The best way to resolve breakthrough bleeding is to go off of the pill for a week. This will hopefully reset your uterus. Then, resume taking birth control, and the bleeding should go away but if not consult with your doctor. ).

I'm not able to give you a proper answer to your question although I may know it being a registered midwife as I will leave it to your doctor to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest