The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University - Speech and language therapy

Hi guys!

Anyone applying/ got an offer from, Birmingham City University to study speech and language therapy BSc, starting in September 2022 ?
Reply 1
I applied for BA in Pop. music, still waiting on the offer...had an interview on 4th which went well. Fingers crossed!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by FutureUndergrxd
Hi guys!

Anyone applying/ got an offer from, Birmingham City University to study speech and language therapy BSc, starting in September 2022 ?

Hi! I've just put a late application in and hoping it'll be in extra/clearing so I'll be in with a chance! Do you have a place on the course?
Original post by hev_ox
Hi! I've just put a late application in and hoping it'll be in extra/clearing so I'll be in with a chance! Do you have a place on the course?

heyy!

yh i've got a conditional offer!
Reply 4
heyy!

Congratulations on your offer! Did you receive any mail from the university? I got a conditional offer on 4th March through Track but nothing from the university.
Do you have any advice for the interview? What should I expect to do/be asked at the interview?
Reply 6
heyy!

Well done!! How did you find the interview? I've done interviews for nursing degrees but not too sure what this one would involve.
Original post by itsaish
Congratulations on your offer! Did you receive any mail from the university? I got a conditional offer on 4th March through Track but nothing from the university.

thank you!
oooh well done! I got my offer quite a while ago, but I got an email from the uni itself and a message thru track. Are you applying for accommodation?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by hev_ox
Well done!! How did you find the interview? I've done interviews for nursing degrees but not too sure what this one would involve.

Thankss! I did the interview last year sometime, but they asked me generic questions about speech and language therapy, so why i wanted to study speech and language therapy as well as the qualities a speech a language therapist has. I'm sure the questions would be very similar to nursing. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by visuals
Do you have any advice for the interview? What should I expect to do/be asked at the interview?

Hi!

I'm assuming you're asking about slt.

Just make sure you are prepped up on the course details as well as what a slt does etc.
Just be yourself! I'm sure you will do fine!
Hi!

I'm assuming you're asking about slt.

Just make sure you are prepped up on the course details as well as what a slt does etc.
Just be yourself! I'm sure you will do fine!

Thankyou and yes slt. What questions should i expect?
Reply 11
Thankss! I did the interview last year sometime, but they asked me generic questions about speech and language therapy, so why i wanted to study speech and language therapy as well as the qualities a speech a language therapist has. I'm sure the questions would be very similar to nursing. :smile:

Ahh that’s great!! Thanks so much that’s given me a good idea on what to prepare myself for. I got my interview through this morning so I’m really excited. Hopefully will be seeing you in September :smile:
Reply 12
I have accepted and firmed at BCU for SLT today!! :smile:
Reply 13
Is anyone on the course, how’s it going? I have my interview next week, thanks
Hi guys!

Heyy, I have firmed BCU for BSc SLT. Are you planning to commute or stay in halls, if so what accommodation are you looking at?

I've found that most accommodation is far from the city south campus, where we will be studying. The closest accommodation is Queen's hospital close, which is about a 10 mins walk to the campus, but I'm not really a fan.
Reply 15
Original post by Odie.b
Is anyone on the course, how’s it going? I have my interview next week, thanks

How did your interview go??
Reply 16
Original post by jajamag
Heyy, I have firmed BCU for BSc SLT. Are you planning to commute or stay in halls, if so what accommodation are you looking at?

I've found that most accommodation is far from the city south campus, where we will be studying. The closest accommodation is Queen's hospital close, which is about a 10 mins walk to the campus, but I'm not really a fan.

Hi did you manage to sort accom? I have some local knowledge if you need help :smile: I know there’s a lot of student houses but not so many halls over edgbaston side. You might be better off staying in Birmingham and commuting to uni??
Hi guys!

Hi, Starting this September for SALT!
Hi guys!

Yes I’m starting this September !
Any idea of when the timetable will be released?

Quick Reply

Latest