The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth uni

Hi, my daughter is looking at this uni to do Geography. What's it like? Is it pretty quiet? as she is not a party person! Any info greatly recieved. Thanks
I'm currently finishing up my masters at Aberystwyth and I've really enjoyed my time here, it's definitely quiet compared to most other uni towns, the social life tends towards pubs rather than clubs (although there is a few of the latter for those who enjoy them). The landscape is great and a lot of student housing is directly on the seafront, it's fairly easy to get ocean facing accommodation, though you would have to rent privately since the university sold off it's seafront housing.

I don't know anyone in the geography department personally but I've heard it's fairly good, I know the university does a fair number of international partnerships too (including Svalbard in the arctic, I do know some people who are currently there) so there should be opportunities for travel based on choice of modules/dissertation.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by Kate.heat
Hi, my daughter is looking at this uni to do Geography. What's it like? Is it pretty quiet? as she is not a party person! Any info greatly recieved. Thanks

My old boss in work went there. He used to refer to it as party town. Others I know who went there go on about the social life. That is all I can really say.

Quick Reply

Latest