The Student Room Group

stuck how to revise help !!!

hey i dont know how to really revise . I have started revsiing but i've always felt that when i try to i always get distracted and end up listening to songs everytime instead . i don't know how to create a good revsion timetable and i dont get motivation from my parents instead i get insults and shouting from them .
Im already in set 2 for maths and in triple science but my parents spat in front of my face and said i have to be in set 1 for maths also that i have to get full marks .

I just don't know what to do Im really stuck please help!!!!!!
Original post by Popsdonut
hey i dont know how to really revise . I have started revsiing but i've always felt that when i try to i always get distracted and end up listening to songs everytime instead . i don't know how to create a good revsion timetable and i dont get motivation from my parents instead i get insults and shouting from them .
Im already in set 2 for maths and in triple science but my parents spat in front of my face and said i have to be in set 1 for maths also that i have to get full marks .

One tip is to do past papers then you can focus on the topics that you are struggling with the most.
Reply 2
To make a revision timetable, write down the days of the week and then write a subject for each day. On weekends do 2 subjects, if you do more subjects than that, then do 2 on one weekday as well. After that, write the topics for each subject that you'll revise that week.
Make sure you have time to yourself at the end of the day and what I do is is go home and revise the subjects that I had on that day sometimes excluding geography and French which I do on the weekends, past papers are amazing and also don’t beat yourself down I’m in the same predicament as you my family wants me to do medicine but I want to be a lawyer 😩
Reply 4
Original post by Popsdonut

hi, here's a google doc i put together with lots of revision tips! hopefully they help :smile:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XlmYmqGHVlUUNQB1rr6ryY0hGiNbMueazNAWPbRWV7I/edit
Reply 5
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
Make sure you have time to yourself at the end of the day and what I do is is go home and revise the subjects that I had on that day sometimes excluding geography and French which I do on the weekends, past papers are amazing and also don’t beat yourself down I’m in the same predicament as you my family wants me to do medicine but I want to be a lawyer 😩

thank you iqra same here my family wants me to be a doctor but i feel like when i was small i wanted to be a ddoctor bt now my mind has changed i want to be a lawyer and i don't like sccience that much . Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by imclx
hi, here's a google doc i put together with lots of revision tips! hopefully they help :smile:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XlmYmqGHVlUUNQB1rr6ryY0hGiNbMueazNAWPbRWV7I/edit

Thank you I looked at your revision doc and it's really useful :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Anjoh987
To make a revision timetable, write down the days of the week and then write a subject for each day. On weekends do 2 subjects, if you do more subjects than that, then do 2 on one weekday as well. After that, write the topics for each subject that you'll revise that week.

Hey thank you so much for telling me how to do a revision timetable cause i was really stuck on how to do one .:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest