The Student Room Group

christian boy and muslim girl?

so, there's this guy that's in most of my classes and we sit together in english. we got super close this year and honestly i started liking him a lot. yesterday i told him, and he said he really likes me too. the only issue is that his parents want him to be with a christian girl, so he's unsure as to what I do
what do you think i should do? leave it and forget about it or what?
we are both 16 for reference

Scroll to see replies

Could you convert to Christianity?
Reply 2
Original post by IcEmAn911

i mean yeah that's an option. but im not sure it's something i really want to do just for a man
Original post by IcEmAn911

Original post by Anonymous
so, there's this guy that's in most of my classes and we sit together in english. we got super close this year and honestly i started liking him a lot. yesterday i told him, and he said he really likes me too. the only issue is that his parents want him to be with a christian girl, so he's unsure as to what I do

do they want a christian girl for marriage or just dating? if it's for marriage then you guys are way too young to decide and I think you should wait until you are 18 to figure what you want to do. Converting is a big decision and just doing it for a boy is immature, you should only convert to the religion if you feel a special connection to it. As I said you should wait, if it's the right boy then he will be patient with you and you should be patient with him too. Good luck
Reply 4

it depends if your parents are okay w it lmao
honestly, i feel like if you guys aren't dating for marriage it isn't a big deal tbh.
dont convert just for a man at this age though, think it over more.
gl <3
you're 16. low low chance you actually marry and stay with your partner from when you're 16 (not a bad thing, you just change as people). probably not a big deal if yall want to start 'dating' aka hold hands in the hallway.
You're 16 !!!!!!!!! Guy at this this age says many things.

And as u r a muslim, its prohibited for a muslim girl to marry a christian guy.
Reply 7
Original post by JAckieee.chan
And as u r a muslim, its prohibited for a muslim girl to marry a christian guy

No, it's not prohibited. What's your source?

OP correct me if I’m saying this are you not a Muslim?
Original post by JAckieee.chan
You're 16 !!!!!!!!! Guy at this this age says many things.

And as u r a muslim, its prohibited for a muslim girl to marry a christian guy.

Lol I don’t understand why would you leave Islam OP don’t you feel the oneness to our creator.
Original post by Mohammed1000000
Lol I don’t understand why would you leave Islam OP don’t you feel the oneness to our creator.

You think only Muslims feel close to God..?
Original post by Son of the Sea

I’m speaking to OP.
I’m speaking to OP.

This is a public thread, anyone can respond to anyone’s comments.
This is a public thread, anyone can respond to anyone’s comments.

Okay then but I wasn’t directly speaking to you.
i mean yeah that's an option. but im not sure it's something i really want to do just for a man

The reason a muslim women cant marry a non muslim is because its easy for a man to force the women to convert, so its to protect the women. But you converting to christianity just for marriage is a bit mad too, are you a religious muslim?
Okay then but I wasn’t directly speaking to you.

OK, and? I can still call you out on things you say.

Do other religions feel it. I swear there are hardly any religious christians or jews anymore. Might be wrong tho idk

Respectable and thank you for your opinion but from an Islamic Brother point of view I want to help OP.
(Original post by Mohammed1000000)

by our creator, he means Allah. He's not dismissing that other religious people may feel close to their god or whatnot. In this context, he's referring to if the OP doesn't feel the "oneness of our creator". He's not even BROUGHT other religions to the conversation and whether Christians care about their god or what not. The point he's making is why would you leave your religion, do you not see how amazing our lord is? In that manner, not to dismiss other people's gods and religious beliefs. It's important to not dismiss other people's religions and beliefs and I honestly don't think he was trying to make a comment about other religions.He's just asking why she would leave the religion, especially in this context( at 16 and for a boy). I hope that helps.
Original post by SJisAwesome_16
(Original post by Mohammed1000000)

by our creator, he means Allah. He's not dismissing that other religious people may feel close to their god or whatnot. In this context, he's referring to if the OP doesn't feel the "oneness of our creator". He's not even BROUGHT other religions to the conversation and whether Christians care about their god or what not. The point he's making is why would you leave your religion, do you not see how amazing our lord is? In that manner, not to dismiss other people's gods and religious beliefs. It's important to not dismiss other people's religions and beliefs and I honestly don't think he was trying to make a comment about other religions.He's just asking why she would leave the religion, especially in this context( at 16 and for a boy). I hope that helps.

Thank you very much for justifying :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending