The Student Room Group

Journey to A*AB

Hi everyone,

Soo my friend recommended i open a blog/chat (it helps boost her motivation to do work), so i thought id give it a try, hoping that it works as i am currently struggling with motivation and have to force myself to do work. :s-smilie:

The current subjects i’m studying right now:

Spoiler

My current grades are:

Spoiler

My predicted grades are:

Spoiler

What im hoping to get (realistically):

Spoiler

Im going to try and do updates weekly or every other day to update everyone on what im doing, this blog/chat may not only help me but it may motivate others to also do work!!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
By the end of today id like to revise/go over:

Film:
-Gender Representations in Pans Labyrinth (completed)
-Gender Representations in City of God (completed)

Criminology:
-Topic 1.2: Describe the organisation of the criminal justice system in England and Wales
-Topic 1.3: Describe models of Criminal justice

Finance:
-Topic 5: External influences on financial services providers and their products
-Topic 7: marketing materials and their effectiveness
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
i only ended up revising for film as when i got home i was really tired and took a nap, kind of disappointed and feel guilty but im gonna try and finish it all tmr whilst on top answering some exam questions for each subject as my punishment LOL :/
Original post by For3igner
i only ended up revising for film as when i got home i was really tired and took a nap, kind of disappointed and feel guilty but im gonna try and finish it all tmr whilst on top answering some exam questions for each subject as my punishment LOL :/

"punishment" LOL
Reply 4

Okay just finished my work for criminology, only have finance left now, going to attempt some exam questions when im done with finance!
Hi everyone,

Soo my friend recommended i open a blog/chat (it helps boost her motivation to do work), so i thought id give it a try, hoping that it works as i am currently struggling with motivation and have to force myself to do work. :s-smilie:

Spoiler

My current grades are:

Spoiler

My predicted grades are:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Im going to try and do updates weekly or every other day to update everyone on what im doing, this blog/chat may not only help me but it may motivate others to also do work!!!

Good luck to you! I wish you the best x
Reply 6
Hi everyone,

Spoiler

My current grades are:

Spoiler

My predicted grades are:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have achieved an A in unit 1-2 for finance and A for unit 3, and predicted an A* in unit 4 if you need any help you can message me.

The best tips I have is:

1. go to every single lesson and treat it as a discussion about the topic rather than learning it
2. make notes on every single section of the unit, then use these notes to revise (only put key information dont litter it with words it will be boring to revise)
3. do the LIBF practice tests regularly
4. use quizlet right before the exam like I'm talking 30mins before you go in, to refresh your memory on the unit (there are tons of material on there)
5. go over the case study religiously, make notes on it all then link everything you can to sections in the unit (make sure you link it back!!!)
6. revise the stated topics for the non case study questions over and over and over
Reply 7
Original post by jjxton
i have achieved an a in unit 1-2 for finance and a for unit 3, and predicted an a* in unit 4 if you need any help you can message me.

The best tips i have is:

1. Go to every single lesson and treat it as a discussion about the topic rather than learning it
2. Make notes on every single section of the unit, then use these notes to revise (only put key information dont litter it with words it will be boring to revise)
3. Do the libf practice tests regularly
4. Use quizlet right before the exam like i'm talking 30mins before you go in, to refresh your memory on the unit (there are tons of material on there)
5. Go over the case study religiously, make notes on it all then link everything you can to sections in the unit (make sure you link it back!!!)
6. Revise the stated topics for the non case study questions over and over and over

thank u so much!
Hi everyone,

Spoiler

My current grades are:

Spoiler

My predicted grades are:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Good luck with it all, you’ve got this ! I also do finance and got an A in unit 1. Scared for the unit 2 exam though. Hopefully it all works out :smile:
Reply 9
i loved unit 1 and 2 i found them so easy, keep revising u can do it! i got an A* in both unit 1 and 2 and im one mark off an A in unit 3 i got 27/35 which is a mark off an A and i resit the written hopefully to get 37 to round it up to an A (the first time i got 36)
i loved unit 1 and 2 i found them so easy, keep revising u can do it! i got an A* in both unit 1 and 2 and im one mark off an A in unit 3 i got 27/35 which is a mark off an A and i resit the written hopefully to get 37 to round it up to an A (the first time i got 36)

I hate the boundaries for the mcq my unit 1 retake i got 27 so did not try with the written at all. Hopefully unit 2 will be an A*. You can do it too ! !

Quick Reply

Latest