The Student Room Group

A-Level Computer Science NEA Project Ideas for Engineering?

Hi all. In school, we have recently been tasked with coming up with ideas for our NEA Project. As I want to go and study Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering at Uni, and it can be a helpful reference for the personal statement/interview, I was hoping for any ideas related to the engineering field that anyone may have.
Keeping in mind we are doing VB.Net and I have only recently started studying Computing this year (at A-Level), some simple and minimalistic A/A* level ideas would be great.
Thanks.
I'm a year 13 who has applied to mechanical engineering and I'm in the process of doing my NEA (I'm also doing it in VB.net). I'm making a revision app that teaches matrices to the user.

I recommend making some sort of physics simulation. If I could go back, I probably would've made one to do with simple harmonic motion or elastic collisions. It would've been simpler and more interesting to make. Not to mention, it's actually related to engineering.
Reply 2
Original post by usman_m05
Hi all. In school, we have recently been tasked with coming up with ideas for our NEA Project. As I want to go and study Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering at Uni, and it can be a helpful reference for the personal statement/interview, I was hoping for any ideas related to the engineering field that anyone may have.
Keeping in mind we are doing VB.Net and I have only recently started studying Computing this year (at A-Level), some simple and minimalistic A/A* level ideas would be great.
Thanks.

Hi there. What did you end up doing for your NEA? I'm in a similar situation to the one you were!
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending