The Student Room Group

RCSI 2022 cycle

Hey guys, so I applied to RCSI on January 18th and I haven't heard anything from anywhere. My admission officer hasn't told me anything nor has any university contacted me. What should I do because I really thought I had a good chance at RCSI?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsr20040302
Hey guys, so I applied to RCSI on January 18th and I haven't heard anything from anywhere. My admission officer hasn't told me anything nor has any university contacted me. What should I do because I really thought I had a good chance at RCSI?

Hi tsr20040302,
I wouldn't panic just yet as interviews at RCSI are still happening up till March/April. So don't give up hope! It's still fairly early days.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi tsr20040302,
I wouldn't panic just yet as interviews at RCSI are still happening up till March/April. So don't give up hope! It's still fairly early days.

If you are really concerned, you could email the university directly to see what's happening with your application.
Reply 3
Hi tsr20040302,

Yeah ofc I won’t give up but I’m just worried because I saw a lot of people getting interview invites on different threads so I was worried. Then again I did submit my application later in January
Yeah ofc I won’t give up but I’m just worried because I saw a lot of people getting interview invites on different threads so I was worried. Then again I did submit my application later in January

I think it would probably be best if you just email RCSI about your application. If your application is ‘under review’, you’re still being considered.

Hi are you a non-eu student?
Reply 6
Hi, you can watch some other 2022 threads about news from RCSI. Let me tell you a secret, RCSI won't give first round offers to two kinds of people. 1: they are so good that they might not accept the offer even if the school gives it, and the deadline is 21 days or sth so this will take up the opportunity to accept another less competitive but still good student. 2: they are kind of less competitive but still have a chance, these students will be put into the waitlist till the second round or third or fourth round offer until the positions are full. I know someone got an offer in August. Your opportunity will still exist until you get an official rejection.
Reply 7
When do people get official rejections? Does that only happen when places fill up or can people be rejected very shortly after applying if they don't meet certain requirements?
Reply 8
Hi are you a non-eu student?

Yes I’m applying from Canada
Reply 9

Hey I would not panic because I know a lot of people who applied after the 15th of Jan and haven't heard back
Original post by Petra7
When do people get official rejections? Does that only happen when places fill up or can people be rejected very shortly after applying if they don't meet certain requirements?

From what I've seen rejections largely happen only at 2 points in time
1) soon after your application if you don't meet basic requirements- one of my friends got hers in less than a week for having a low IB predicted score
2) after your interview
In general, if you've made it past the first 4 weeks post applying, you are almost guaranteed an interview at least. Please do remember that RCSI has interviews all the way through mid-May so at this point, no news is good news :smile:

Hope this was helpful!
Original post by roo2502
1) soon after your application if you don't meet basic requirements- one of my friends got hers in less than a week for having a low IB predicted score
2) after your interview
In general, if you've made it past the first 4 weeks post applying, you are almost guaranteed an interview at least. Please do remember that RCSI has interviews all the way through mid-May so at this point, no news is good news :smile:

Hope this was helpful!

Do you by any chance know is someone has ever gotten rejected after interviews?
Original post by roo2502
2) after your interview

Hope this was helpful!

Thats really helpful .
Original post by a.dsouza1_
Do you by any chance know is someone has ever gotten rejected after interviews?

Just one but their interview went really badly because they weren't able to justify wanting to study at RCSI and honestly that is the main focus of the interview, in my opinion, it's a very outside chance
(edited 1 year ago)
Received email this morning telling me that I'm waitlisted. I don't think I have good chance now.
Reply 15
Original post by roo2502
2) after your interview

Hope this was helpful!

Hi roo2502, Thank you so much for putting my worries to rest a little. This was really helpful. May I ask when did your friends who got rejected apply? For the one who had an interview, how long did they have to wait before getting an interview and then receiving a rejection?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Petra7
Hi roo2502, Thank you so much for putting my worries to rest a little. This was really helpful. May I ask when did your friends who got rejected apply? For the one who had an interview, how long did they have to wait before getting an interview and then receiving a rejection?

Interviewer told me it was 4 weeks till feedback. I got waitlist email after 24 days.
Original post by Petra7

My friends who got rejected immediately after applications applied mid to late Jan 2022. The one that got rejected after the interview heard back in about 20ish days which seems to be the average amount of time they generally take to get back after an interview. I heard about my acceptance sooner but I know someone who got an acceptance letter almost 4 weeks after
Original post by roo2502
My friends who got rejected immediately after applications applied mid to late Jan 2022. The one that got rejected after the interview heard back in about 20ish days which seems to be the average amount of time they generally take to get back after an interview. I heard about my acceptance sooner but I know someone who got an acceptance letter almost 4 weeks after

How interesting. This has been insightful! Thanks so much for your help. :smile:
How interesting. This has been insightful! Thanks so much for your help. :smile:

No problem! Let me know if I can clarify any other questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest