The Student Room Group

University of Manchester

I applied for UCL, Manchester, Sheffield (offer), King’s and Leeds for Politics and International Relations.

The entry requirements are mostly AAA, and because I have the predicted grades of AAB, I didn’t think getting offers would be too much of an issue in conjunction with my personal statement and previous academic achievements.

Today I got rejected from UCL (which has an entry requirement of AAA) on the basis of my predicted grades, so it’s safe to say I’ve lost all hope for getting any offers from the other universities.

Are there any Manchester offer holders (doesn’t have to be for my course) that have lower predicted grades to what they’re asking? I honestly don’t see how they’ll approach my application any differently. This is really frustrating considering I can probably do better than my predicted!

Please also reach out if you’re a Politics and IR offer holder at Manchester, regardless of grades
Original post by noahfence1
I applied for UCL, Manchester, Sheffield (offer), King’s and Leeds for Politics and International Relations.

The entry requirements are mostly AAA, and because I have the predicted grades of AAB, I didn’t think getting offers would be too much of an issue in conjunction with my personal statement and previous academic achievements.

Today I got rejected from UCL (which has an entry requirement of AAA) on the basis of my predicted grades, so it’s safe to say I’ve lost all hope for getting any offers from the other universities.

Are there any Manchester offer holders (doesn’t have to be for my course) that have lower predicted grades to what they’re asking? I honestly don’t see how they’ll approach my application any differently. This is really frustrating considering I can probably do better than my predicted!

Please also reach out if you’re a Politics and IR offer holder at Manchester, regardless of grades

The fact that UCL rejected you doesn't make it certain that your other 3 choices will do so. Given that they (all?) want AAA, however, they might do so. You knew that was a chance when you applied to a majority of universities above your predictions.

If you do achieve higher than AAB then you have the choice of reapplying and a gap year.

Cant really help with the other stuff - sorry!! But I am a politics + sociology offer holder at Manchester :smile: Wishing you best of luck ! x
Reply 3

Are you eligible for any contextual offers?
Why did you apply when your predicted grades are lower than the entry requirements :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by rosy_posy
Why did you apply when your predicted grades are lower than the entry requirements :confused:

Considering that they are a hypothetical addition to the application process, I didn’t think they’d be too big of a deal as they’re not even proven

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending