Turn on thread page Beta

Dropping out of medical school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What is the consequence of dropping out of the medical course? I have a friend who has switched to engineering after one semester of medicine. If in the future, after graduation, would these students be considered for readmission to medicine in the UK or elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -EL-)
    What is the consequence of dropping out of the medical course? I have a friend who has switched to engineering after one semester of medicine. If in the future, after graduation, would these students be considered for readmission to medicine in the UK or elsewhere?
    They could apply for graduate entry like anyone else who wanted to, but the fact that they had once had a medical school place and had left would be questioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -EL-)
    I imagine it all depends on the circumstances. If someone dropped out of medical school for a geniune reason (illness etc) then I am sure there would be no problems with re-applying. However, if it was because of the workload etc, there will obviously be problems.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.