A-Level Religious studies 25 mark structure

Watch this thread
username5886462
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hey how do you structure a 25 marker dialogue question (AQA)
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
It's pretty much a 10 and 15 mark question smushed together in terms of structure.

In a 15 mark question such as 'assess the design argument' you would have to make sure to be very summary in your explanation of the design argument, since the 15 mark questions are for AO2 evaluation, not AO1 explanation.

However if you got a 10 mark question 'examine the design argument' you would go into lots of detail explaining the design argument.

If you got a 25 mark question which was relevant to the design argument, you would just have to do both things. First explain the design argument in detail then evaluate it.

The difficulty in 25 mark questions is about figuring out what topics are relevant to the question and then just running with that.
username5886462
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
what about for the ethical side and how you’d have to compare ethical theorists with religious beliefs. how many paragraphs/ points would i need to do for 25marks? i usually do 4 and get 20 but with time constraints i feel like 4 is plenty?
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by nileemaaa)
what about for the ethical side and how you’d have to compare ethical theorists with religious beliefs. how many paragraphs/ points would i need to do for 25marks? i usually do 4 and get 20 but with time constraints i feel like 4 is plenty?
4 is fine so long as each contains AO1 explanation and AO2 evaluation.
username5886462
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
okay thankyou
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
31.25%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (11)
34.38%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
6.25%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.13%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
6.25%
I’m starting to consider my university options (5)
15.63%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.13%

Watched Threads