Getting a job at 15 with NI number

Watch this thread
YNS1059
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Just wondering if anywhere would employ a 15 yr old + already got my national insurance number
Littlesomebody
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
I need to know this as well - I turn 16 very soon but I want to start work
BlueChicken
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
These are the laws: https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/...ild-employment So, you are employable within the restrictions of the law.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by YNS1059)
Just wondering if anywhere would employ a 15 yr old + already got my national insurance number
Im sorry to disappoint you, but quite a few places wont take people on until they are 16 and are of school leaving age (i.e. the end of June in year 11). Especially the bigger companies anyway.
You can start looking now, especially smaller, independent cafes, restaurants etc. But just be aware you might not get anything until you finish school.
username5911962
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Many employers won't entertain employing a 15-year-old due to Health and Safety laws in the workplace, and the fact there are safeguarding issues as you are still classed as a child. Also, they know a 15-year-old will have GCSE's in June to work towards.

I've just seen an advertisement from a local employer that was very direct : Do not apply if you are UNDER 16 as we do not accept child labour.

Smaller places like independent shops, seasonal tourist-type work employers may take you on at weekends only, but in general, due to Health and Safety at work laws, you cannot get a job until you are 16.

All the best for your future.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by YNS1059)
The only place that takes on 15 years old people legally is boots the chemist as they employ you from this age but with certain types of work not allowed due to the age restrictions for them ( as must be 18+ for these ,). Look through boots own website for Jobs availability in your local area.

Otherwise it's 16 for majority of employer's but try local newspaper shop's for paper rounds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads