The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick: The Oak Student Roost

Hi guys!I'm considering to apply for accomodation at The Oak Student Roost. I will be studying postgraduate at Warwick Business School and wondering if this place is nice to stay?Some questions are:- How is the property overall?- Location wise, is it convenient to travelling around?
Hey!
I'm an international postgraduate student and will be studying at Warwick Business School this fall. I booked a room at The Oaks. I wasn't able to visit in person but I took a virtual tour with the staff and loved the place. The facilities seemed good and they were very helpful. There was a bus stop outside and it's quite close to the uni. I suggest you visit or take a virtual tour and decide for yourself.

PS: If you don't mind me asking, what program are you joining at WBS?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by ChocoChipGirl
Hey!
I'm an international postgraduate student and will be studying at Warwick Business School this fall. I booked a room at The Oaks. I wasn't able to visit in person but I took a virtual tour with the staff and loved the place. The facilities seemed good and they were very helpful. There was a bus stop outside and it's quite close to the uni. I suggest you visit or take a virtual tour and decide for yourself.

PS: If you don't mind me asking, what program are you joining at WBS?

Hello!! I actually did the virtual tour as well and really like it. That's why asking for some extra opinion on this in case someone live there before, though I think I might end up booking it :smile:. Thank you for answering anyway!

P.S. I will be studying MSc. Business Analytics, how about you?
Original post by Ben SL.
Hello!! I actually did the virtual tour as well and really like it. That's why asking for some extra opinion on this in case someone live there before, though I think I might end up booking it :smile:. Thank you for answering anyway!

P.S. I will be studying MSc. Business Analytics, how about you?

That's great! Do let me know if you are taking it.
I'll be joining the MSc Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation.
Hiya! I'm staying there next academic year! I went for a viewing there and i have a couple of friends living there currently and honestly the place is amazing, the staff is super responsive, there are tons of common areas (gym, yoga room, study spaces, cinema rooms, terrace area.. etc..). the rooms are average in terms of size i would say, but they look really nice, same with the bathrooms. the kitchen is actually massive.

regarding the commute, its around 15 minutes into central campus, and 15-20mins to cannon park. overall I would say its a relaxing walk especially if you listen to music. there is a bus stop right outside the oaks where you can go directly to Coventry.

Overall, i would give the place 8/10, the only reason i didn't give it the other 2 points is because you'll rely quite a bit on delivery from deliveroo or whatever. plus the walk could get a bit annoying when its raining.
Reply 5
Original post by EtherealDuck
Hiya! I'm staying there next academic year! I went for a viewing there and i have a couple of friends living there currently and honestly the place is amazing, the staff is super responsive, there are tons of common areas (gym, yoga room, study spaces, cinema rooms, terrace area.. etc..). the rooms are average in terms of size i would say, but they look really nice, same with the bathrooms. the kitchen is actually massive.

regarding the commute, its around 15 minutes into central campus, and 15-20mins to cannon park. overall I would say its a relaxing walk especially if you listen to music. there is a bus stop right outside the oaks where you can go directly to Coventry.

Overall, i would give the place 8/10, the only reason i didn't give it the other 2 points is because you'll rely quite a bit on delivery from deliveroo or whatever. plus the walk could get a bit annoying when its raining.

Hey! Thank you so much for your review! I would say overall this is a good trade off for me as long as the place and people is nice. I plan to cook anyway so the delivery part should be no problem for me.

I guess I will see you guys around then!
I have a booking right now at the oaks but I am looking for a replacement since I decided to stay at home. Do let me know if you or someone else wants to live there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending