The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Language P1 (Question 5)

If I’m doing a descriptive writing based on an image, is it okay if I slightly go off and make things up?

C1C2808F-AFED-4DB7-9755-227A153271CE.jpg.jpeg

This image here, can I zoom out to talk about nice weather (1 paragraph) , then contrasting it with the room, then describing how the weather changes to reflect the sinister mood?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by LN_05
Let’s say if I’m doing a descriptive writing based on an image, is it okay if I slightly go off and make things up?

C1C2808F-AFED-4DB7-9755-227A153271CE.jpg.jpeg

This image here, can I zoom out to talk about nice weather (1 paragraph) , then contrasting it with the room, then describing how the weather changes to reflect the sinister mood?

If you describe the weather outside, seen through the window, as nice and then contrast that would work. As long as what you're describing you can see in the picture but nice weather looks credible in the photo.
Reply 2
Original post by felicitycarlyle
If you describe the weather outside, seen through the window, as nice and then contrast that would work. As long as what you're describing you can see in the picture but nice weather looks credible in the photo.

Thanks! So would the change in weather, let’s say a storm comes afterwards, be acceptable? It does only say write a description suggested by this picture”
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by LN_05
Thanks! So would the change in weather, let’s say a storm comes afterwards, be acceptable? It does only say write a description suggested by this picture”

I don't think so as I think that's edging into more of a story, describing things that are yet to happen.

Quick Reply

Latest