Dental implants abroad

Watch this thread
Fruli
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Is there anyone has had or know of anyone who has had dental implants abroad?

I’m looking for recommendations.

I’m currently having orthodontic work in the UK, but at some point I’ll have to have an implant. I’m not convinced my dentist would be good at implants and yet he’s way more expensive than they are abroad.

I’ve heard in the past the dental implants done abroad are usually very good. I’m just asking for ideas of the right countries and clinics to start doing my research on. Interested in personal experiences or experiences of friends and family.
rayshow053
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Do reserch on the clinics. But I would definitely recommend Elegant Lab. I have two molars which are implants and 4 years later, I've never had a problem with them.

They give you an insane amount of anaesthetic before drilling the screw in. That process took no time at all. When the anaesthetic wore off in a few hours, there was very little pain at all.

Three months later when the bone had fused around the bolt, I had the replacement teeth screwed on.

It looks and feels like the real thing. I would 100% recommend it.
Last edited by rayshow053; 2 months ago
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
If you’re prepared to have implants abroad, then be prepared to go abroad to get any complications seen to.
If anything goes wrong with them, you’ll find it extremely difficult to find any dentist willing to touch them in the U.K. - either that or you’ll be facing a hefty bill in Harley Street.
Fruli
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by rayshow053)
Do reserch on the clinics. But I would definitely recommend Elegant Lab. I have two molars which are implants and 4 years later, I've never had a problem with them.

They give you an insane amount of anaesthetic before drilling the screw in. That process took no time at all. When the anaesthetic wore off in a few hours, there was very little pain at all.

Three months later when the bone had fused around the bolt, I had the replacement teeth screwed on.

It looks and feels like the real thing. I would 100% recommend it.
Thank you. I will look into it.
Fruli
Rep:
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
If you’re prepared to have implants abroad, then be prepared to go abroad to get any complications seen to.
If anything goes wrong with them, you’ll find it extremely difficult to find any dentist willing to touch them in the U.K. - either that or you’ll be facing a hefty bill in Harley Street.
My research tells me dentists abroad are more skilled at implants than UK ones.

I also did research for my ortho work which I’m paying 000s for and found that UK orthos are more skilled than those abroad.
Last edited by Fruli; 1 month ago
Honey57
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)

I also did research for my ortho work which I’m playing 000s for and found that UK orthos are more skilled than those abroad, adjustments aside.
Yeh you’re not wrong, dentists abroad are better specifically from Poland, Hungary, Turkey and Iran but I wouldn’t go to Iran due to political reasons.
I’ve heard good stuff about Hungary and Turkey.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)

I also did research for my ortho work which I’m playing 000s for and found that UK orthos are more skilled than those abroad, adjustments aside.
As with all things medical it depends where you go. There are excellent dental surgeons in the UK as well as quacks, like everywhere.
Suffice it to say, mum had several done and has no complaints bar the price. The issue with going abroad is its a long process so youll either be moving for a while or flying a lot..
Honey57
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
As with all things medical it depends where you go. There are excellent dental surgeons in the UK as well as quacks, like everywhere.
Suffice it to say, mum had several done and has no complaints bar the price. The issue with going abroad is its a long process so youll either be moving for a while or flying a lot..
Ah it’s not that long, the first appointment will just consist of attaching the screw from the dental implant which will take a day or two. Then you see the dentists again in 6 months time to put the crown on top as oseointegration needs to happen.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)

Complications can arise regardless of the skill of the dentist (although that is one factor amongst others), so my point stands. If you’re prepared to get them done abroad, be prepared to go back abroad if anything needs to be seen to.
Fruli
Rep:
(Original post by Honey57)
Ah it’s not that long, the first appointment will just consist of attaching the screw from the dental implant which will take a day or two. Then you see the dentists again in 6 months time to put the crown on top as oseointegration needs to happen.
Yeh you’re not wrong, dentists abroad are better specifically from Poland, Hungary, Turkey and Iran but I wouldn’t go to Iran due to political reasons.
I’ve heard good stuff about Hungary and Turkey.
Thanks. I’m hoping to go to Turkey. It’s one of my favourite holiday places too. Just hoping it would be politically stable by the time my orthodontic work is done.

My only fear is the pain. The idea of having a screw in my gums fills me with dread. I also hope I won’t need a bone graft.
Last edited by Fruli; 1 month ago
Honey57
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)
Thanks. I’m hoping to go to Turkey. It’s one of my favourite holiday places too. Just hoping it would be politically stable by the time my orthodontic work is done.

My only fear is the pain. The idea of having a screw in my gums fills me with dread. I also hope I won’t need a bone graft.
I believe that they will provide you with anaesthetic to numb the pain so don’t worry avout it
I do know that the worth of the lira has fallen so it’ll be really cheap to go now. I agree, it’s best to see whether Turkey is going to be politically stable too.
Fruli
Rep:
I believe that they will provide you with anaesthetic to numb the pain so don’t worry avout it
I do know that the worth of the lira has fallen so it’ll be really cheap to go now. I agree, it’s best to see whether Turkey is going to be politically stable too.
Indeed. I would love to go now. However, I have braces in at the moment and my teeth will take around 14 more months to move to the right place before I can get my implant in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (7)
33.33%
As I expected (3)
14.29%
Harder (10)
47.62%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads