The Student Room Group

S6 Options

I am rejoining school after taking a gap year to do my apprenticeship (SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 7

I plan to study HNC Childhood Practice once I have completed S6

I will be studying Higher English and hopefully, N5 Maths, what other 2-3 highers should I consider for Primar Education at University?
Reply 1
Original post by chrisanson7
I am rejoining school after taking a gap year to do my apprenticeship (SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 7

I plan to study HNC Childhood Practice once I have completed S6

I will be studying Higher English and hopefully, N5 Maths, what other 2-3 highers should I consider for Primar Education at University?

Hi, Strathclyde request one higher from:
- Art
- Classical Studies
- Drama
- Economics
- French
- Gaelic
- Geography
- History
- Modern Studies
- Modern Foreign Language
- Music
- Philosophy
- Politics
- Psychology
- Religious Moral & Philosophical Studies
- Sociology
If you have ever learnt Gaelic, I know that there is a push for Gaelic-speaking teachers in Scotland and could also help with career security in the future! If not, that list is probably similar to the other Scottish unis. (:
EDIT: Aware you have taken the apprenticeship, they're just good guidance subjects
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bxcs
Hi, Strathclyde request one higher from:
- Art
- Classical Studies
- Drama
- Economics
- French
- Gaelic
- Geography
- History
- Modern Studies
- Modern Foreign Language
- Music
- Philosophy
- Politics
- Psychology
- Religious Moral & Philosophical Studies
- Sociology
If you have ever learnt Gaelic, I know that there is a push for Gaelic-speaking teachers in Scotland and could also help with career security in the future! If not, that list is probably similar to the other Scottish unis. (:
EDIT: Aware you have taken the apprenticeship, they're just good guidance subjects

So I plan to do Higher English + Modern Studies at higher and N5 Maths

is this sufficient enough?
Reply 3
Original post by chrisanson7
So I plan to do Higher English + Modern Studies at higher and N5 Maths

is this sufficient enough?

I believe you would need one more subject, however, I would email whatever university you plan to apply to when applying just in case.
Standard entry requirements*:
1st sitting: AAAB
2nd sitting: AAAAB
(Higher English B, and Maths/ Applications of Mathematics National 5 B, or equivalent).

**In addition to Higher English, at least one Higher should come from the following list below.

is what Strathclyde would like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending