The Student Room Group

Blast off with a journey to space (Gameplay with Baby Queen)

What are your favourite sci-fi or space-themed game soundtracks? I actually struggled to think of a track for this theme, as while I enjoy space exploration in TV and films, I tend to skew towards swords and sorcery when it comes to gaming. Should have saved Metroid II for this week. :laugh: I think I'll go with something from the puzzle game NightSky - short, ambient, haunting.

[video="youtube;qu7jUplFu84"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu7jUplFu84[/video]

What's yours? :smile:
Space time. :moon: Thoughts on this ep to follow in about an hour~
Ooh, only 11 tracks on the playlist? That means they're either on the longer side, or there's a bunch of 'hidden' tracks not included, as happens every few eps. :laugh: We'll see!

Starbound - Stellar Formation: Nice, cheerful and upbeat intro. Sounds suitably spacey. And yeah, quite long!

Surviving Mars - BaCL2: (sic) Whoever made the playlist doesn't know much about chemistry. :noway: The actual game soundtrack calls it BaCl2, at least. Great track it is, too.

Dead Space - Welcome Aboard the U.S.G Ishimura: Very grand orchestral piece.

Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts: Yeah, I should have saved the Metroid II theme for this week. :sigh: This was obviously less 8-bit, but had a few of the same sounds underneath it all.

Star Wars: Squadrons - Hyperspace Ambush: Has that signature, unmistakable Star Wars sound. Best piece so far in a strong (and very on theme!) playlist.

FTL - Faster Than Light - Last Stand: I had a friend who kept trying to get me into this game when it was new, but it wasn't for me. Great music though, I'll give it that!

Endless Space 2 - Across the Drift (Riftborn Theme): Something a bit slower, more bleak and ambient sounding.

Exo One - Meteor Shower: Hypnotic, slightly haunting.

Halo 3: ODST - Overture: Opening on rain sounds! Sounded like a pleasant morning at first, but got a bit darker later. Least obviously 'space sounding' of the lot if you take just the track on its own, but I understand a lot of the game is based on terrestrial planets, and is obviously sci-fi, so it fits.

So Let Us Melt - Counting the Atmospheres: Spacetastic. :yy: Wasn't ready for the vocal part near the end!

And ending on Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - Grand Galaxy Anthem: Not the first track we've had from this, if memory serves. Great electronic beeps and boops.

8 planets and 1 Pluto out of 10, would highly recommend this episode. :congrats:And no 'hidden' tracks, either. :p:
(edited 2 years ago)
And to space with it, here's the Metroid II music I used in last week's thread, as it just fits too well not to include here.

[video="youtube;fCIH943auRA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCIH943auRA[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest