University of Huddersfield Science Extended Degree leading to a BSc(Hons) Degree

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Is the University of Huddersfield still giving out offers for the Science Extended Degree leading to a BSc(Hons) Degree course?
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is the University of Huddersfield still giving out offers for the Science Extended Degree leading to a BSc(Hons) Degree course?
Hello,

If you'd like to check the progress of your application, your best option is to contact the university admissions office - 01484 472 625 or [email protected].

All the best
-Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology student
Asha2003
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes they are I’ve applied to hudds to progress onto pharmacy
Aathira N
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Asha2003)
I got an offer for the SED and I want to progress onto optometry
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Asha2003)
Hi @Asha2003 thats great to hear!
Good luck with your application.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Aaliya ~ 3rd year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aathira N)
I got an offer for the SED and I want to progress onto optometry
Hi Aathira N that's great news!
Best of luck with the SED!

Aathira N
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep)

Hey did you do the SED? If you did what were the modules like and what's a typical day like of a student who does the SED?
Aathira N
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Also how many places(roughly per year) are there for progression after the SED pharmacy and optometry?

Thanks Aathira
Last edited by Aathira N; 1 month ago
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also how many places(roughly per year) are there for progression after the SED pharmacy and optometry?

Thanks Aathira
Hi Aathira N
Progression onto Optometry and Pharmacy is dependent on meeting stringent performance levels in the SED. You must pass all modules with an overall pass mark of at least 70%. Plus at least 70% in the Chemistry module and 70% in the Maths and Physics module.
You must also successfully undertake an interview with the Optometry or Pharmacy admissions staff.

As the number of places per year for progression on to pharmacy or optometry after the SED may change, it may be best to contact the university admissions office - 01484 472 625 or [email protected].

Aathira N
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Aathira N
Progression onto Optometry and Pharmacy is dependent on meeting stringent performance levels in the SED. You must pass all modules with an overall pass mark of at least 70%. Plus at least 70% in the Chemistry module and 70% in the Maths and Physics module.
You must also successfully undertake an interview with the Optometry or Pharmacy admissions staff.

As the number of places per year for progression on to pharmacy or optometry after the SED may change, it may be best to contact the university admissions office - 01484 472 625 or [email protected].

Hi Aaliya thank you for your reply. How's the student life at Huddersfield? What is a typical day like of a Huddersfield university student?
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Aaliya thank you for your reply. How's the student life at Huddersfield? What is a typical day like of a Huddersfield university student?
Hi @Aathira N
Student life at Huddersfield is great! The campus is very modern and is a suitable size, the building facilities are brilliant. For example, in the library we have access to numerous resources such as iMacs and textbooks which enhances studying and massively helps with essays and reports.
The staff and students are extremely welcoming and are supportive; we have the student union and many societies which is great for meeting students from other courses!
The typical day for a student can vary depending on what course you study. For me, as a pharmacy student, my day can either start with a lecture or a practical session in the dispensary followed by tutorials or lab practicals.

Hope this helps!

Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey did you do the SED? If you did what were the modules like and what's a typical day like of a student who does the SED?
Hi Aathira N

I didn't study the SED however, I currently study pharmacy and I have friends on the course who have studied the SED.

The modules on the SED are:
Maths and Physics
Biology
Chemistry in Action
Scientific Investigations
Science Skills

Please visit https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/...sc-hons-degree for more information. There is a video available for you to watch to gain an insight into the typical day of a student studying the SED

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads