The Student Room Group

MA Film/ Television production courses around UK

Hello guys, hope everyone is well. I am looking to apply for MA Film and Television Production programs around the UK. I have looked into some of the courses offered by the universities listed below.

University of Hertfordshire - I love the program module and their employment rates of graduates who end up getting jobs in the field. Its also fairly closer to London and that will be a plus I suppose. Although I have heard some negative things about this course stating that the lectures and the connections they mention on their website is a lie. I'd love to get some insights from any current students or alumnis on this.

Bournemouth University and Arts University of Bournemouth ( Mainly looking to get more insights on these universities ) - I know these two are different campuses and they both seem to have very good reviews and feedbacks on their courses. I have looked at their showreel and equipment listed on their website and it seems fantastic. I want to apply for the MA cinematography course in BU and MA film practice in AUB. If someone can tell me in detail about the quality of the courses, the connections, how it is for international students and about the job opportunities, it will be great :biggrin:.

University of Glasgow, University of Birmingham - I have applied to these unis as backup options. From what I gather, the course from Birmingham is bit more theoretical and Glasgow doesn't really have too many work opportunities. Since my main priority is to be near London for accessibility and more job opportunities.

I have also looked at MET, Goldsmiths, NFTS but its way too expensive for me.

Also I would love to know how it is for international students in this field, I am aware it is really competitive but would the opportunities be equal to everyone? ( Sorry if the question was a bit more blunt but I have heard that in the UK they mainly prefer the local people for working on set)

If you guys could please share your thoughts on this, it would be great as I need to make decisions on the unis pretty soon. Thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending