The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham accommodation

I’m just wondering, if you’ve gone to Nottingham or know someone who has, what’s the best accom in your opinion?
Mostly only considering catered on university park :smile:
(And Ik you don’t chose a specific accom I’m just wondering)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m just wondering, if you’ve gone to Nottingham or know someone who has, what’s the best accom in your opinion?

Hi!

I'm a 4th year UoN student and I've lived in 3 catered halls throughout my time here. I lived in Rutland, Cavendish and Lincoln. I don't think there is one 'best' hall. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you want quiet living, Lincoln hall has a quiet block. What course are you hoping to study? You may want to live close to where your department is located? What room type are you considering? Some halls may not have certain room types, for example Cavendish is purely en suite. Each hall has its own atmosphere and to be honest it's the people that make the hall. No matter what hall you go into, you're no doubt going to find a group of people that you'll get on really well with. I've met really nice people in each of my years in halls.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions let me know!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I'm staying in Cripps Hall and it's really pretty, especially the dining hall. The buildings are all in really good shape and it's the closest accommodation to my course (maths), so I'd say look at where your course buildings are as you probably don't want to be walking across campus in winter if you can help it!
Reply 3
Okay thankyou! I am actually going to study on jubilee campus but I want to live on university park!
Reply 4
Original post by stillcrying
I'm staying in Cripps Hall and it's really pretty, especially the dining hall. The buildings are all in really good shape and it's the closest accommodation to my course (maths), so I'd say look at where your course buildings are as you probably don't want to be walking across campus in winter if you can help it!

Hi! When we apply for accommodation, do we get to choose specific halls and room types? Help on how it works would be great !
Reply 5
This is so random but does anyone know if for example you can eat in Derby Hall’s bar if you aren’t in that accommodation?
This is so random but does anyone know if for example you can eat in Derby Hall’s bar if you aren’t in that accommodation?

Yes, you can. The actual Bars are open for any students to go into.
Original post by PNK123
Hi! When we apply for accommodation, do we get to choose specific halls and room types? Help on how it works would be great !

Yes, you pick the hall and room type. I can’t remember exactly, but you rank either 3 or 5 options I believe e.g.
Cripps hall, en-suite
Hugh Stewart hall, single study
Cripps hall, single study plus, or something like that.
The single study plus rooms come with a 3/4 bed and a sink, would highly recommend! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by stillcrying
Yes, you pick the hall and room type. I can’t remember exactly, but you rank either 3 or 5 options I believe e.g.
Cripps hall, en-suite
Hugh Stewart hall, single study
Cripps hall, single study plus, or something like that.
The single study plus rooms come with a 3/4 bed and a sink, would highly recommend! :smile:

Thank you !
Reply 9
What would you recommend out of Cripps, Nightingale and Derby?

Hi! Yes, anyone can go into Derby Hall's bar. It's open to everyone, even visitors. This is the same for all bars in accommodation. They can pay by meal card or cash.
(edited 2 years ago)
What would you recommend out of Cripps, Nightingale and Derby?

Cripps and Derby are very central on campus, they are both very close to where most of the academic buildings are located, as well as the student shops such as Boots and Spar in Portland Building. Cripps also has very pretty buildings. Nightingale Hall is further away from everything but is really close to the sports centre. It depends on what is important to you when considering halls. The food is the same in each hall, they all follow the same menu. Have a look at the accommodation website to see what room types are available in each hall.

Hiya, I would say Cripps as it has an amazing social environment, the rooms are a great size and the dining hall is great. Also, having a bar in the accommodation is a great addition!
Reply 13
Original post by PNK123

Yes, you can put down between 3 and 6 choices - and they can (if there are that many options) be in the same hall. Eg for self-catered: (1) Broadgate Park Standard, (2) Broadgate Park Standard Large (3) etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending