The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Parsa-Brownie
Hi thanks for starting this thread, I have gotten 5 offers but I want to change offers but I have passed the 14 day deadline a looong time ago. I am wondering if I can apply to 2 other unis, or swap choices?

You can swap your replies to pick a different firm or insurance (or both).

or you can swap your replies to all declines to add an Extra choice to a new university/course
Original post by PQ
You can swap your replies to pick a different firm or insurance (or both).

or you can swap your replies to all declines to add an Extra choice to a new university/course

How though? I'm confused.
Original post by Parsa-Brownie
How though? I'm confused.

You start by ringing ucas and asking them.

If any of your universities haven’t given ucas blanket approval for reply swaps then ucas will let you know and you’ll also need to contact those universities to ask them to send their agreement to ucas.
hi, quick question ( not for me but for my friend) - if you firm a course via Extra, but on results day you get better results so can get into a better uni can you decline that offer and go into clearing and get onto a diff course - they're not doing med
ah perfect - thanks. sorry about posting in the wrong forum :frown:
Can you send an email inquiring whether a university can reconsider you, I have tried calling my university and they respond with an automatic message saying to either leave a message or send them an email. Calling them and speaking to them directly would be much better right?
Original post by Ulluh
Can you send an email inquiring whether a university can reconsider you, I have tried calling my university and they respond with an automatic message saying to either leave a message or send them an email. Calling them and speaking to them directly would be much better right?

If they say leave a message or email then do one of those things.
Ok Im just going to say it, I plan to study engineering at Warwick and it says on UCAS search that there are still vacancies for it, Warwick stands out for Maths and Economics and Business and those 3 courses do not appear on there, therefore I believe that they do update the vacancies and since the engineering subjects are still there could it mean that it is highly likely that Warwick will be in clearing for engineering? I want to call them now to try and get them to reconsider me and the reason I dont want to wait for clearing is because if I am wrong then I will probably have to reapply next year which i dont want.
(edited 1 year ago)
Have just emailed them
Original post by Ulluh
Ok Im just going to say it, I plan to study engineering at Warwick and it says on UCAS search that there are still vacancies for it, Warwick stands out for Maths and Economics and Business and those 3 courses do not appear on there, therefore I believe that they do update the vacancies and since the engineering subjects are still there could it mean that it is highly likely that Warwick will be in clearing for engineering? I want to call them now to try and get them to reconsider me and the reason I dont want to wait for clearing is because if I am wrong then I will probably have to reapply next year which i dont want.

I cannot see why they would reconsider you. They clearly didnt think you were right first time around so what has changed. It has nothing to do with spare places.
I thought it was the competition and now now that some applicants have removed them as their choice, there would be a likelihood of getting an offer
Original post by Ulluh
I thought it was the competition and now now that some applicants have removed them as their choice, there would be a likelihood of getting an offer

Universities make several times the amounts of offers to places and if the course was full it would be because of the competition. If the course isnt full that clearly isnt the case and they rejected you for other reasons whatever they may be.
Your gentle reminder that tomorrow (4th July) is the final day to add a choice in Extra. After that, you would need to use Clearing.

Quick Reply