The Student Room Group

GCSE Spanish oral exam

Hello, i have to take my spanish speaking exam for my gcse in a few weeks. I get really nervous when i have to speak in spanish and i want to cry. In my mock i didn't do to badly but my brain kept going blank and i was so nervous i wanted to pass out. So i have a few questions: any general tips for speaking exams? Should i learn set answers for every topic and just resight those? How do you recommend i revise for the exam? Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by kaayb7
Hello, i have to take my spanish speaking exam for my gcse in a few weeks. I get really nervous when i have to speak in spanish and i want to cry. In my mock i didn't do to badly but my brain kept going blank and i was so nervous i wanted to pass out. So i have a few questions: any general tips for speaking exams? Should i learn set answers for every topic and just resight those? How do you recommend i revise for the exam? Thank you

I did both spanish and french at gcse(9 and 7 respectively, the 7 should have been an 8 but i digress) for speaking exams my main advice is practising in front of other people, especially if you lack confidence. I would not recommend learning set answers but rather learning general ideas. This is because if you get something you are unfamiliar with in the exam it is less likely to throw you off, it also means if you happen to mind blank in the exam you have a net to fall back on. If you find a certain tense difficult to use then you could learn one specific way of using it that can be applied to many different scenarios, but try to use each tense at least once.

Quick Reply

Latest