The Student Room Group

how to revise with severe ADD and other mental issues

never once been able to properly revise in my life, always managed to pull it off but I think I won't be able to do it this time. anyone else like this and any tips on how to help
Original post by dreamisnotbae
never once been able to properly revise in my life, always managed to pull it off but I think I won't be able to do it this time. anyone else like this and any tips on how to help

Speak to your GP.
1) Speak to your GP for medical advice.
2) In the meantime, there are some really good music on YouTube made for ADHD/ ADD that I have been using personally to help me get enough studies in and focus on catching up with my work. I put this one on specifically ( it goes on for about 9 hours) and I remove other distractions, sit on my desk, make it clean and tidy and get to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ts6p63ns0

3) Break things down into sizeable chunks task wise, consider using the pomodoro technique, and the sooner you start revising the quicker you will get through stuff

hope this helps :h:
Original post by AliceRoseGuy
1) Speak to your GP for medical advice.
2) In the meantime, there are some really good music on YouTube made for ADHD/ ADD that I have been using personally to help me get enough studies in and focus on catching up with my work. I put this one on specifically ( it goes on for about 9 hours) and I remove other distractions, sit on my desk, make it clean and tidy and get to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ts6p63ns0

3) Break things down into sizeable chunks task wise, consider using the pomodoro technique, and the sooner you start revising the quicker you will get through stuff

hope this helps :h:

thank you!! I am trying to find working meds with camhs right now so that should help, and I had no idea there was study music for ADD and im gonna give that and the pomodoro technique a try
Original post by dreamisnotbae
thank you!! I am trying to find working meds with camhs right now so that should help, and I had no idea there was study music for ADD and im gonna give that and the pomodoro technique a try

Let me know how you go, and good luck stranger on your journey. I hope that you get the right attention you need and that your ability to focus sharpens :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest