Official UCL 2022 Computer Science Applicants Thread

Watch this thread
stephon68
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
This thread is for all UNDERGRADUATES who applied for:

Bsc/ MEng/Msc Computer Science and related courses

UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON(UCL) 2022
Last edited by stephon68; 3 months ago
TR-18
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Anyone got an offer from UCL for computing. I’m still waiting
stephon68
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by TR-18)
Anyone got an offer from UCL for computing. I’m still waiting
No im waiting too. I applied for Meng CS
What did u apply for?
What are ur predicted?
TR-18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by stephon68)
No im waiting too. I applied for Meng CS
What did u apply for?
What are ur predicted?
I applied for BSc. My predicted were A*A*A.
jamilk
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
still waiting..
Crystalsmiley
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
still waiting.A* in M and FM, predicted A* in CS and Physics. I did not get even one offer now
stephon68
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Crystalsmiley)
still waiting.A* in M and FM, predicted A* in CS and Physics. I did not get even one offer now
Where all did u apply?
Crystalsmiley
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Where all did u apply?
cam interview and rejected
imperial af and cs even no interview
ucl and manchester no news
GONNA BE MAD…
stephon68
Rep:
This thread is for all UNDERGRADUATES who applied for:
Bsc/ MEng/Msc Computer Science and related courses at the
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON(UCL) for 2022 Entry.
cam interview and rejected
imperial af and cs even no interview
ucl and manchester no news
GONNA BE MAD…
Haha same i applied to UCL in September and still nothing. What did u apply for at UCL?
Crystalsmiley
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Haha same i applied to UCL in September and still nothing. What did u apply for at UCL?
G400 Computer Science
stephon68
Rep:
G400 Computer Science
Great I saw few G400 offers on Reddit. I applied for G402.
Knyaz
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I have similar situation. Rejected by Cambridge, no news from Imperial, rejected by UCL and manchester with no comments. I have AAA for AS levels in Math, Further Math, Physics and predicted are A*A*A*. Actually I was sort of disappointed in UCL because I have the max possible grades, so it is weird to be rejected even without an interview or something. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am international student so I have IAL Pearson Edexcel instead of normal A levels. Idk really

I have applied for G400
Last edited by Knyaz; 3 months ago
TR-18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Knyaz)
I have similar situation. Rejected by Cambridge, no news from Imperial, rejected by UCL and manchester with no comments. I have AAA for AS levels in Math, Further Math, Physics and predicted are A*A*A*. Actually I was sort of disappointed in UCL because I have the max possible grades, so it is weird to be rejected even without an interview or something. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am international student so I have IAL Pearson Edexcel instead of normal A levels. Idk really

I have applied for G400
Unlucky hope you hear back from imperial soon! Not sure why they would reject You because your international. What was your personal statement like as that carries a lot of weight?
Knyaz
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by TR-18)
Unlucky hope you hear back from imperial soon! Not sure why they would reject You because your international. What was your personal statement like as that carries a lot of weight?
Thanks for support
I believe that I had sort of strong personal statement, I have discussed it with many sufficiently qualified people, like with a friend of mine from Yale (it is one of the best USA unis), whose work were about assesing personal statements, and she said that it was good. Generally, I mentioned there some of my achievments, like I won a bunch of national olympiads in robotics/astrophysics, etc. I mean, this friend of mine actually said that it was one of the stongest personal statements she has ever seen, so idk. Fun story is that she applied to Oxford and got rejected, so maybe there were some things which are important for UK unis and unnecessary for US unis. However, she was not the only one person with whom I have discussed my PS, so most probably the problem is not there.

Anyways, I dont think that my experience is relevant, it could be some random stuff. I do believe that the fact that I got an interview at Cambridge means that the problem is not with me, but with Manchester and UCL.
TR-18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Knyaz)
Thanks for support
I believe that I had sort of strong personal statement, I have discussed it with many sufficiently qualified people, like with a friend of mine from Yale (it is one of the best USA unis), whose work were about assesing personal statements, and she said that it was good. Generally, I mentioned there some of my achievments, like I won a bunch of national olympiads in robotics/astrophysics, etc. I mean, this friend of mine actually said that it was one of the stongest personal statements she has ever seen, so idk. Fun story is that she applied to Oxford and got rejected, so maybe there were some things which are important for UK unis and unnecessary for US unis. However, she was not the only one person with whom I have discussed my PS, so most probably the problem is not there.

Anyways, I dont think that my experience is relevant, it could be some random stuff. I do believe that the fact that I got an interview at Cambridge means that the problem is not with me, but with Manchester and UCL.
That’s so weird. You can try contacting them to see why they rejected you - usually they do give a vague reason as to why they rejected you not sure though. Can I ask what country your applying from?
Knyaz
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by TR-18)
That’s so weird. You can try contacting them to see why they rejected you - usually they do give a vague reason as to why they rejected you not sure though. Can I ask what country your applying from?
I am applying from Russia. The idea about asking the uni about their decision is good, however I think that they will answer with the standart form like "low grades" or smth, because that is what they have written in UCAS as the reason of rejection. Anyway I will try to contact them, thanks. Will update info when they answer, as that could help future generations haha
mskiii
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
MEng CS here, still waiting for a decision but that’s expected as I applied quite late anyone got offers yet ?
TR-18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Knyaz)
I am applying from Russia. The idea about asking the uni about their decision is good, however I think that they will answer with the standart form like "low grades" or smth, because that is what they have written in UCAS as the reason of rejection. Anyway I will try to contact them, thanks. Will update info when they answer, as that could help future generations haha
Cool good luck!
TR-18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Received an email from UCL today saying they’re still considering my application - anyone else get this??
kwaimper
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by TR-18)
Received an email from UCL today saying they’re still considering my application - anyone else get this??
Yeah I had it and honestly the fact that it started by "We are delighted" stopped my heart for a second
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
28.26%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (18)
39.13%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.35%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.35%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
8.7%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.04%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.17%

Watched Threads