The Student Room Group

Colleen Hoover - 18+?

So I've just finished her book Ugly Love and oh my god its my new favourite book! It made me cry smile and actually say aw out loud 😂 I'm about to move onto her book it ends with us.

Anyway the question I'm 20 and I recently wanted to start getting into romance books with some sex scenes in it. I know that sound a bit odd but a book similar to Ugly Love. If anyone has any recommendations for Colleen Hoover books? Or just some romance books? It would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So I've just finished her book Ugly Love and oh my god its my new favourite book! It made me cry smile and actually say aw out loud 😂 I'm about to move onto her book it ends with us.

Anyway the question I'm 20 and I recently wanted to start getting into romance books with some sex scenes in it. I know that sound a bit odd but a book similar to Ugly Love. If anyone has any recommendations for Colleen Hoover books? Or just some romance books? It would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Similar books to Colleen's would be:

- The Briar U series by Elle Kennedy (sport romance)
- Fulton U series by Maya Hughes (also sport)
- The Spanish Love Deception
- The Love Hypothesis
- The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori (mafia romance but it's so SWEET AND CUTE, barely any mafia related content though)
- Punk 57 (quite spicy, be warned)
- Brown sisters series by Talia Hibbert
- It happened one summer by Tessa Bailey
- Bromance Book Club series by Lyssa Kay Adams
- VIP series by Kristen Callihan (rock star romance)

That should keep you going for a while! I rated these mostly 4 stars and above so they're pretty good. Also, check out BookTok for the latest crazed reads!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Similar books to Colleen's would be:

- The Briar U series by Elle Kennedy (sport romance)
- Fulton U series by Maya Hughes (also sport)
- The Spanish Love Deception
- The Love Hypothesis
- The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori (mafia romance but it's so SWEET AND CUTE, barely any mafia related content though)
- Punk 57 (quite spicy, be warned)
- Brown sisters series by Talia Hibbert
- It happened one summer by Tessa Bailey
- Bromance Book Club series by Lyssa Kay Adams
- VIP series by Kristen Callihan (rock star romance)

That should keep you going for a while! I rated these mostly 4 stars and above so they're pretty good. Also, check out BookTok for the latest crazed reads!

Thank you so much!!!
ahhh colleen hoover, love her!
Original post by PastelColours

she's an incredible writer! have you read reminders of him, her latest release? :smile:
Original post by thatbooknerd
she's an incredible writer! have you read reminders of him, her latest release? :smile:

That one is meant to come in my amazon order today, I'm so excited
Original post by thatbooknerd

no I haven't yet, I need to go out and buy it asap!
no I haven't yet, I need to go out and buy it asap!

i didn't like it as much as her other ones! will go into a lengthy non-spoiler review if you need lmao x
i hope you like it though!
Reply 8

Same now! 😂
Reply 9
At the moment I’m reading reminders of him it’s great so far!

Latest