The Student Room Group

Medicine UCAS Clearing for 2022 *Updated 18th August 2022 9am*

Scroll to see replies

Update: I phoned them and it's nothing apparently. They said that this is just a notification to show that Extra is open, not that we've actually entered it @saharali005
Original post by Kirbloggs
Update: I phoned them and it's nothing apparently. They said that this is just a notification to show that Extra is open, not that we've actually entered it @saharali005

Oh okay 😭😭😭
Original post by saharali005
Oh okay 😭😭😭

Yeah, very confusing wording ("You are in Extra!") on their part though.
Probably a good idea to do so, though it does seem like this issue isn't limited to me as the above poster indicated.

If everyone calls up about the same thing, then it'll point out to them that it's not just a one-off problem if ygm?

Oh wow, that makes sense
Reply 45
Anyone knows how to just check if any medicine program showed up?
Reply 46
if a course is on extras or clearing, is it that the first applied get considered or is there a deadline the uni sets for students applying via extras or clearing (as I am still waiting on one of my unis decisions.)
Original post by N_Sh
if a course is on extras or clearing, is it that the first applied get considered or is there a deadline the uni sets for students applying via extras or clearing (as I am still waiting on one of my unis decisions.)

I think it's the first applied, who gets assessed, then if eligible invited to interview.
Original post by LidaH
Anyone knows how to just check if any medicine program showed up?

None are in, as far as I am aware.
Original post by N_Sh

Yes. Med schools can enter and leave whenever.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 49
Original post by KA_P
I think it's the first applied, who gets assessed, then if eligible invited to interview.

Ok thank you. Is it best to check on ucas or on uni websites. I know for ucas you have to find courses by filtering courses so only courses with vacancies are shown. On uni websites is it just the medicine page or is there a separate website ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by N_Sh
Ok thank you. Is it best to check on ucas or on uni websites. I know for ucas you have to find courses by filtering courses so only courses with vacancies are shown. On uni websites is it just they medicine page or is there a separate website ?

If a med school goes into Extra, they tend to advertise it - e.g. Lancaster in 2020 (don't want to mislead anyone).

Here's their website which for some reason, they still haven't deleted: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/mbchb/ucas-extra/index.php

Original post by N_Sh
Ok thank you. Is it best to check on ucas or on uni websites. I know for ucas you have to find courses by filtering courses so only courses with vacancies are shown. On uni websites is it just the medicine page or is there a separate website ?

As advised in the spoiler in the first post, I personally didn't rely on the UCAS Search tool too much. I called up and emailed universities regularly to see if they were or would be going into Extra and made a list of those that were in Extra, not in Extra and those who weren't sure, as well as those who mentioned they could be in Clearing.

I hope that makes sense.
Reply 52
Original post by KA_P
As advised in the spoiler in the first post, I personally didn't rely on the UCAS Search tool too much. I called up and emailed universities regularly to see if they were or would be going into Extra and made a list of those that were in Extra, not in Extra and those who weren't sure, as well as those who mentioned they could be in Clearing.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you
Original post by N_Sh

It looks like uclan, Newcastle and Ulster are in extra as of this morning. They were showing under courses with vacancies in the ucas search tool anyway x
Original post by Chi chi5
It looks like uclan, Newcastle and Ulster are in extra as of this morning. They were showing under courses with vacancies in the ucas search tool anyway x

I literally just checked (information correct as of 10:40pm 25th Feb).

Newcastle isn't (or at least they are not any more).

UCLan and Ulster both aren't. UCLan's undergrad PA is though.

OTOH, Buckingham A100 Jan 2023 start is in it - that's the only one but it's not technically in Extra so I didn't put it in.

(edited 2 years ago)
Yea They’re all gone off there :frown: but kings maxfax entry is now on there. Are places in extra really that volatile?!! Seems worse than clearing no?
(edited 2 years ago)
Yea They’re all gone off there :frown: but kings maxfax entry is now on there. Are places in extra really that volatile?!! Seems worse than clearing no?

Only for Dentists.

These are most likely mistakes.

Ahh cheers, that would make sense. Not that I expect anything through extra but how do you apply this route? I went to add Newcastle this morning and is said I was applying to too many medicine courses, not able to add a fifth medicine choice 🤯 Is it because I didn’t apply to a fifth option or that I have one pending response on ucas?
(edited 2 years ago)
Ahh cheers, that would make sense. Not that I expect anything through extra but how do you apply this route? I went to add Newcastle this morning and is said I was applying to too many medicine courses, not able to add a fifth medicine choice 🤯 Is it because I didn’t apply to a fifth option or that I have one pending response on ucas?

I still think it was a mistake on Newcastle's part.

Saying that, if a med school really is in UCAS Extra, and you have been rejected by / withdrawn from all of your 4 med + 1 alternative courses, then you'd be eligible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending