The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Midwifery - UWS

Has anyone been invited to an interview as this is the last week to expect an invite. I haven't so I'm taking it as not successful as I know how hard it is to get in so it's not the end of the world.
(edited 2 years ago)
I haven’t heard anything either x
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 2
I applied december had interview 2 weeks ago... They said they are interviewing up til mid march.
Reply 3
Original post by Jac9
I applied december had interview 2 weeks ago... They said they are interviewing up til mid march.

I just don't think I've got a chance as they have given you 2 months notice to prepare and I imagine for those who are being interviewed in March would have at least 4 weeks notice which would have been last week if I were successful for an invite to interview. I've heard others who heard in December and had their interview in Feb. It is what it is. Hope your interview went well and you get an offer! :smile: I know it's hard to get into midwifery especially in Glasgow where UWS is the only uni that offers it.
yes I did get the response from the school Oxybridgeapplication that my interview was successful
Yes I did get an invitation for the interview Thankyou
Reply 6
I haven't heard from UWS for midwifery yet but I did get an invite to Glasgow Caledonian for nursing which is at the end of this month which I'm really happy about! If I get an offer I'm going to take it :smile:
Original post by Nicoliekins
I haven't heard from UWS for midwifery yet but I did get an invite to Glasgow Caledonian for nursing which is at the end of this month which I'm really happy about! If I get an offer I'm going to take it :smile:

Don't yet panic about UWS not answering you yet as still time as they have to let you know one way or another there decision.

If you are successful for Caly university for adult nursing then take the offer and if you hear anything back from UWS on interview and you were successful for midwifing then you can always turn down the adult nursing course at Caly university. Keep positive till you hear from them.
I just don't think I've got a chance as they have given you 2 months notice to prepare and I imagine for those who are being interviewed in March would have at least 4 weeks notice which would have been last week if I were successful for an invite to interview. I've heard others who heard in December and had their interview in Feb. It is what it is. Hope your interview went well and you get an offer! :smile: I know it's hard to get into midwifery especially in Glasgow where UWS is the only uni that offers it.

Yeah that is the thing with Scotland only having 3 universities for midwifing degree course and UWS is only one in Glasgow offering it, but remember there is RGU and Napier university that do midwifing to.

It's only hard due to the limited numbers of potential students that universities take in for midwifing each year as they should be taking a lot more in to allow for staffing levels in the future.

Hopefully you'll still hear from them soon on the interview.
Reply 9
Original post by Tracey_W
Yeah that is the thing with Scotland only having 3 universities for midwifing degree course and UWS is only one in Glasgow offering it, but remember there is RGU and Napier university that do midwifing to.

It's only hard due to the limited numbers of potential students that universities take in for midwifing each year as they should be taking a lot more in to allow for staffing levels in the future.

Hopefully you'll still hear from them soon on the interview.

With Napier and RGU it's too far for me. I own a home, I'm about to get married and the getting to placements would be really difficult from where I live so I need to go to a Glasgow uni. I was advised that UWS is interviewing until mid March, I'm happy I have the invite from Caly and my travel would be 20minutes and placements closer to Glasgow as Napier advised me they did placements in Lothian for those who lived far away and that's too much for me especially driving into Edinburgh for study every week.
Original post by Tracey_W
Don't yet panic about UWS not answering you yet as still time as they have to let you know one way or another there decision.

If you are successful for Caly university for adult nursing then take the offer and if you hear anything back from UWS on interview and you were successful for midwifing then you can always turn down the adult nursing course at Caly university. Keep positive till you hear from them.

Yeah I'll see what happens, I don't think UWS is on the table anymore and that's okay. I've spoken to a few people I know who have had their interviews and asked timelines for interviews. It is what it is :smile: I'm really happy with the invite from Caly. The game isn't over until UWS come back so we shall see but I'm not expecting good news.
With Napier and RGU it's too far for me. I own a home, I'm about to get married and the getting to placements would be really difficult from where I live so I need to go to a Glasgow uni. I was advised that UWS is interviewing until mid March, I'm happy I have the invite from Caly and my travel would be 20minutes and placements closer to Glasgow as Napier advised me they did placements in Lothian for those who lived far away and that's too much for me especially driving into Edinburgh for study every week.

Yes understand about traveling to Edinburgh from Glasgow end as I am from Glasgow southside but I wouldn't do the travelling to Edinburgh especially for the placements starting times as impossible to get to on time for hospital based ones. University side I would have been okay with but I chosen to find a shared flat with someone in Edinburgh rather than travel every day...

Yes Napier placements for hospital based ones are Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and At Johns in Livingston and another one usually in the borders area with rest of community placements in and around Edinburgh.
So yes Napier advice was correct.

Believe me I tried to travel to Edinburgh each day for university side but finding a parking space was the biggest issue as you sometime have to park far away from the building and walk as much upto say 15 minutes and remember where you parked at the end of the day to plus at the time they was doing the major upgrade on the M8 .

Hopefully you will still have a opportunity to go to UWS for midwifing...
Yeah I'll see what happens, I don't think UWS is on the table anymore and that's okay. I've spoken to a few people I know who have had their interviews and asked timelines for interviews. It is what it is :smile: I'm really happy with the invite from Caly. The game isn't over until UWS come back so we shall see but I'm not expecting good news.

Yes just see how things goes for you but at least you have a opportunity to do adult nursing at the Caley.
It's still a career in nursing once you qualify okay.

Exactly the game is not over until you hear from UWS. 😀

Quick Reply

Latest