The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Strathclyde vs Glasgow for Computer Sceince

I have offers from both the University of Strathclyde and the University of Glasgow, for MSc in Computer Science. Very confused between these two. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
I have offers from both the University of Strathclyde and the University of Glasgow, for MSc in Computer Science. Very confused between these two. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello!

Somewhat biased as I am in my final year of Software Engineering at Strathclyde. Software Engineering and Computer Science are nearly identical, with the exception of Software Engineering including taking a year out to work in industry.

I think the main difference between the two universities is their approaches; Glasgow has a somewhat traditional course structure with electives in other faculties, while Strathclyde has a lot of focus on practical work and electives are largely centred around computer science and surrounding disciplines. I've had a great time on the course, and come out of it with a good grad job offer starting in September. Is there anything specific you're interested in knowing? Like I say, I've been here for ~5 years so I'm quite familiar with the course and the uni as a whole.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, but open for DMs as well :smile:
Cameron
Student Ambassador/Software Engineering Student
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Go to Glasgow Uni without thinking

Quick Reply