The Student Room Group

UCL Postgraduate Offer Holders 2022

Hi all! I couldn't find an offer holder thread for UCL postgrads so I thought I'd make one. It might be useful to find people on the same program, talk about student accommodation, funding and any other questions we might have about starting a Masters program in London!

We could all start by saying:
- The MA/MSc we got an offer for
- Current university
- Any questions about the post-offer application process

Finally, congrats to us all! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hii!

I got an offer for MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences and I am currently completing my undergrad in India.
I wanted to ask how soon, after you accept the offer, are you expected to pay the deposit to secure your place?
Reply 2
Original post by Dot.isp
Hii!

I got an offer for MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences and I am currently completing my undergrad in India.
I wanted to ask how soon, after you accept the offer, are you expected to pay the deposit to secure your place?

Hey! My program doesn't ask for a deposit but I found this link to their website: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/fee-deposits-frequently-asked-questions if you scroll down, there is a question about when you should pay your deposit. If still in doubt, I would suggest emailing them!
Reply 3
Hey!!
Got an unconditional offer for MSc Management, graduated from University of East Anglia in 2021.
Just need to get my money up to pay the £2000 deposit 😭
Reply 4
Original post by 1_tuyw
Hey!!
Got an unconditional offer for MSc Management, graduated from University of East Anglia in 2021.

Huge congrats!!! Do you get to enrol earlier than the rest of us who are still in our final year or do you start the enrolment process in August?
Reply 5
Hey! I have an offer for MSc countering organised crime and terrorism and I’m currently finishing my undergrad at Sussex uni :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by _itr_
Huge congrats!!! Do you get to enrol earlier than the rest of us who are still in our final year or do you start the enrolment process in August?

Honestly I have no idea! I think it’d be the same time as you as universities would have to enrol all postgrads at the same time I imagine
Reply 7
hi guys, I accepted an offer at the end of jan for MA race, ethnicity & postcolonial studies! not currently at uni, but I graduated from KCL (history & ir) last year :smile:
Original post by 1_tuyw
Hey!!

Hi! I got a conditional offer (IELTS) for MSc Management, graduated from University of Milano-Bicocca in 2021.

I'd like to know if like me you don't have the upload documents section on the portico application portal... I tried to contact the admission office but no one answering...
Reply 9
Original post by robertpiccinotti
Hi! I got a conditional offer (IELTS) for MSc Management, graduated from University of Milano-Bicocca in 2021.

I'd like to know if like me you don't have the upload documents section on the portico application portal... I tried to contact the admission office but no one answering...

No I don’t! Since my application has already been submitted / approved and I’ve been given an offer, it says I cannot upload any more documents! If you already have an offer, would you not have already uploaded all the documents needed?
Original post by 1_tuyw
No I don’t! Since my application has already been submitted / approved and I’ve been given an offer, it says I cannot upload any more documents! If you already have an offer, would you not have already uploaded all the documents needed?

Yes, I already uploaded all the documents before submitting the application (except for ielts because I hadn't received the results). However, in my offer letter they say as a condition for my offer I need to upload my IELTS results in the "upload documents" section...but there's no section :confused:
Yes, I already uploaded all the documents before submitting the application (except for ielts because I hadn't received the results). However, in my offer letter they say as a condition for my offer I need to upload my IELTS results in the "upload documents" section...but there's no section :confused:

Did you click the "view" button below the phrase 'conditional offer'? I saw the upload documents section after clicking it. (my condition is Ielts too.)
Original post by bluecinzia
Did you click the "view" button below the phrase 'conditional offer'? I saw the upload documents section after clicking it. (my condition is Ielts too.)

Schermata 2022-03-02 alle 10.22.54.png
This is the only thing I see when clicking on the button "view". Moreover, they say "When you have met the conditions of your offer please upload official confirmation to Graduate Admissions using the link above as soon as you are able to." but I can't find this link as well.
Schermata 2022-03-02 alle 10.22.54.png
This is the only thing I see when clicking on the button "view". Moreover, they say "When you have met the conditions of your offer please upload official confirmation to Graduate Admissions using the link above as soon as you are able to." but I can't find this link as well.

That's strange. Here's what I saw after clicking the view button. There was the 'upload documents' above. By the way, I have not accepted the offer yet. Do you think that's the reason? I saw that you already accepted your offer.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 174505_LI.jpg

Attachment not found
(edited 2 years ago)
That's strange. Here's what I saw after clicking the view button. There was the 'upload documents' above.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 174505_LI.jpg

Attachment not found

then, it was stated on the website that you should see the upload section on the portal. If it's the portal that wasn't working, you should contact UCL as soon as possible.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate-offer-holders/frequently-asked-question

Thanks! I tried to contact them yesterday but I wasn't able to speak with them... I will try again today.
Sorry, I edited my previous post late. I saw that you already accepted your offer. Do you think that's the reason? Because I have not accepted my offer yet so I still can upload the documents.
Sorry, I edited my previous post late. I saw that you already accepted your offer. Do you think that's the reason? Because I have not accepted my offer yet so I still can upload the documents.

I don't think that's the problem since I had the same problem before accepting the offer
I don't think that's the problem since I had the same problem before accepting the offer

Well, in that case contacting them is the best way. Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 1_tuyw
Hey!!

Hello! Congratulations. Got my offer too today for MSc Management! See you around!
Reply 19
Original post by emceeqyu
Hello! Congratulations. Got my offer too today for MSc Management! See you around!

Amazing congrats! See you this year 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending