The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Napier Midwifery applicants 2022

Hi, is there anyone here who applied for midwifery at Napier? I can't find any discussion this year. Would love to hear from others about applications, rejections, invitations, interviews, offers, etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ulee81
Hi, is there anyone here who applied for midwifery at Napier? I can't find any discussion this year. Would love to hear from others about applications, rejections, invitations, interviews, offers, etc.

What do you want to know....
I'm a ex Napier university midwife student who qualified in 2019.

Obviously process is completely different from when I did mines as nowadays majority of it is via Microsoft team's online for interviews.
I found applying pretty much easy enough.
I had a face to face interview back in 2016, was mixture of one to one, then did MIM stations with about 5 minutes on each one, then group session when everyone had opportunity to ask questions.
I think I was about 2 - 3 weeks before I got my offered.

The course is completely hard at times but worth it at the end of the day.

Good luck with yours.
Reply 2
I had an online interview last year (with no luck), and I have an invite this year as well. This year it's going to be at the campus but computer based. I reckon it's a brand new thing, the combination of online and face-to-face. The invite email mentions a "Confident Caring Assessment (CCA)". (I hope it's not one of those super-secret things we are not supposed to talk about). I tried to research it, but there is nothing online about it. I was hoping someone knows about it/had any experience.
Reply 3
Hi, I also applied for Napier this year and was invited to the assessment day. It was very different to what I thought it would be. Just the nervous wait now to find out. Good luck, hope all goes well for you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
I understand you're not allowed to give any specific details, but how was it very different? Different than the pre-Covid group interviews? Probably there won't be any group this year, but I'm preparing for some kind of video/scenario and then talking about it. Is it different from this?
Good luck btw :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ulee81
I understand you're not allowed to give any specific details, but how was it very different? Different than the pre-Covid group interviews? Probably there won't be any group this year, but I'm preparing for some kind of video/scenario and then talking about it. Is it different from this?
Good luck btw :smile:

Im not sure I can say much that will help but it is exactly like they have described in the invitation email. Everyone involved on the day was really kind and make you feel at ease, so it was a lot more relaxed than I expected.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Cead22
Im not sure I can say much that will help but it is exactly like they have described in the invitation interview. Everyone involved on the day was really kind and make you feel at ease, so it was a lot more relaxed than I expected.

One more question, maybe you can answer it. Was it a face-to-face interview, or you just recorded yourself on a camera? This camera base thing in the email really confuses me.
Reply 7
Original post by ulee81
One more question, maybe you can answer it. Was it a face-to-face interview, or you just recorded yourself on a camera? This camera base thing in the email really confuses me.

I dont recall having anything about a camera base in my email but it was all in person, on-campus
Reply 8
Original post by Cead22
I dont recall having anything about a camera base in my email but it was all in person, on-campus

Thanks for your answer :smile:
Original post by ulee81
I had an online interview last year (with no luck), and I have an invite this year as well. This year it's going to be at the campus but computer based. I reckon it's a brand new thing, the combination of online and face-to-face. The invite email mentions a "Confident Caring Assessment (CCA)". (I hope it's not one of those super-secret things we are not supposed to talk about). I tried to research it, but there is nothing online about it. I was hoping someone knows about it/had any experience.

Your are right nobody can disclose anything about their particular interviews as everyone will be asked different things at it .
I sent you a message okay.......
Original post by Cead22
Im not sure I can say much that will help but it is exactly like they have described in the invitation email. Everyone’s involved on the day was really kind and make you feel at ease, so it was a lot more relaxed than I expected.

Hey, I’ve applied to Napier but for nursing.

I have my interview next week, wanted to ask a quick question, what did you as well as everyone else wear ?
Reply 11
Original post by Caitlin3309a

I have my interview next week, wanted to ask a quick question, what did you as well as everyone else wear ?

There was a mix. I went with black trousers and a smart/casual top. A few were very formal with a suit jacket and a handful wore jeans/jumper. Good luck x
Original post by Caitlin3309a

Be smart and presentable.
I wore a knee length dress with flat shoes when I did my interview away back at beginning of 2016.
Wear what you feel comfortable with okay 🤠😉.

Good luck with it x
Reply 13
Original post by Cead22
Hi, I also applied for Napier this year and was invited to the assessment day. It was very different to what I thought it would be. Just the nervous wait now to find out. Good luck, hope all goes well for you.

Hi! I hope I'm allowed to ask this but did the selection day only consist of the CCA or was that only a part of it? Their website stated that there will be online group interviews but the email did not mention interviews at all so I'm a little confused >.<
Reply 14
Hey, I have an invite for mental health nursing selection day next week and received the same email about the CCA. I called the admission team to ask what the rest of day consisted of re interviews and was told the assessment is in place of the normal interviews.
Reply 15
Original post by Shazz80
Hey, I have an invite for mental health nursing selection day next week and received the same email about the CCA. I called the admission team to ask what the rest of day consisted of re interviews and was told the assessment is in place of the normal interviews.

I see! I wonder why it's so different this year. Hopefully it will be less nerve-racking than interviews. Best of luck on your assessment day!!!
Reply 16
I visited Napier last week for the assessment day, it was literally just a 20-40 min online multiple choice quiz as such. Don't stress, just my luck that the Uni that's furthest away from me asks for in person attendance haha:colonhash:
Reply 17
Thanks! Also good to hear it’s nothing to stress about! 😊
Its definitely nothing to stress about, just revise the links they sent in the email invite.
I had mine in Feb and received an offer that day which I've accepted, I've just managed to get all my funding and bursary and childcare grant sorted so roll on September, very excited.
Good luck everyone.
I have firmly accepted my offer for Napier now! So excited to start studying midwifery in September :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending