Benefits of genetic inheritance

Watch this thread
Jp2007x
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
What are the benefits of genetic inheritance?
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Good morning!

Do you the advantages of the fact that inheritance occurs due to the presence/function of genes?

Ok as below:-
a] DNA is a stable molecule so is preserved well in individual + progeny
b] There are 4 N bases in DNA/RNA and we have the triplet code so that the gene can code for 4^3 = 64 amino acids [there are 21 in nature, so more than enough].- this trend can be passed on to progeny easily.
c] The fact that a gene can be potentially extremely long [numerous no of bases] means that the ability of coding for massive protein molecules [which determine the phenotype] is inherited by progeny.
d] Evolution is made possible by the existence of genes in that advantageous characteristics are preserved and concentrated over generations [survival of the fittest].

Hope this helps!
Be safe!

M
Ira :)
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Jp2007x)
What are the benefits of genetic inheritance?
Variation, more likely to survive, less susceptible to genetic disease, more spread of alleles, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (31)
27.43%
Take a gap year (17)
15.04%
Resit my exams (31)
27.43%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.04%
I don't know yet (12)
10.62%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.42%

Watched Threads