MeliM
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Has anyone received an offer for the MEng architecture course at UCL?
jayydah
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MeliM)
Has anyone received an offer for the MEng architecture course at UCL?
i have
MeliM
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
me too!...thought I'd start a thread for the MEng architecture offer holders since I didn't find any from the previous threads
what year of entry did you apply for?
PhilB10
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I got an offer too and will probably make it my firm. They said that it is now RIBA accredited, does that mean it's a fully accredited architecture course?
Arinapav
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Got an offer today
Last edited by Arinapav; 3 months ago
MeliM
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by PhilB10)
I got an offer too and will probably make it my firm. They said that it is now RIBA accredited, does that mean it's a fully accredited architecture course?
Yh it basically means that if you take this course you don't have to take a RIBA part one examination.
chocota
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Arinapav)
Got an offer today
congrats!
MeliM
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
also, this video might be helpful with explaining the whole RIBA accreditation thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GnZlqBfOo&t=320s
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The following is a quote from another thread that explains ARB/RIBA accreditation/validation:

"The ARB are the statutory body who maintain the register of people who are legally entitled to call themselves architects. So if you ultimately want to become an architect in the UK, the ARB accreditation arguably is the more important one, because this ensures the course’s paperwork is compliant with their requirements. The ARB and RIBA have a joint criteria which is the basis for the syllabus in every accredited and validated school of architecture. The RIBA validation process is a physical inspection of the school and the work and is, principally, concerned with quality: the ethos of the school, management and the learning environment, and the work produced by the students across all of their modules. New courses will (typically) apply for ‘candidate status’ from the RIBA which can then become full validation after the first cohort graduates."
PhilB10
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MeliM)
also, this video might be helpful with explaining the whole RIBA accreditation thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GnZlqBfOo&t=320s
(Original post by normaw)
The following is a quote from another thread that explains ARB/RIBA accreditation/validation:

"The ARB are the statutory body who maintain the register of people who are legally entitled to call themselves architects. So if you ultimately want to become an architect in the UK, the ARB accreditation arguably is the more important one, because this ensures the course’s paperwork is compliant with their requirements. The ARB and RIBA have a joint criteria which is the basis for the syllabus in every accredited and validated school of architecture. The RIBA validation process is a physical inspection of the school and the work and is, principally, concerned with quality: the ethos of the school, management and the learning environment, and the work produced by the students across all of their modules. New courses will (typically) apply for ‘candidate status’ from the RIBA which can then become full validation after the first cohort graduates."
Thanks for the video and the explanation. The course administrators said that they are confident that the Meng course would get the ARB accreditation next year, which seems to be what matters. If they did receive it while I was on the course would that still count as me completing a part 1 undergraduate degree?
MeliM
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
yh
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thanks for the video and the explanation. The course administrators said that they are confident that the Meng course would get the ARB accreditation next year, which seems to be what matters. If they did receive it while I was on the course would that still count as me completing a part 1 undergraduate degree?
I believe that it will count if the accreditation is in place by the time you graduate.
soniauaeu
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
anyone with offer to M.sc space syntax: architecture and cities
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.92%
As I expected (24)
30.77%
Harder (29)
37.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.13%

Watched Threads