The Student Room Group

NatWest rejects my apprenticeship application

Hey all,

Had applied for a banking position at NatWest and got past the video interview, but got rejected when I got a call due to me not having enough UCAS points, but still having a 1st Bsc.

I asked whether it can be considered since I have a degree and my lack of UCAS points were due to me being bedridden in a hospital just before the exams, so I had no time to revise or attend lessons.

Should I contact them back or just let it go? Any advice?
Original post by mmartisr
Hey all,

Had applied for a banking position at NatWest and got past the video interview, but got rejected when I got a call due to me not having enough UCAS points, but still having a 1st Bsc.

I asked whether it can be considered since I have a degree and my lack of UCAS points were due to me being bedridden in a hospital just before the exams, so I had no time to revise or attend lessons.

Should I contact them back or just let it go? Any advice?

What level apprenticeship did you apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by ITStudent22
What level apprenticeship did you apply for?

IT was a level 6 apprenticeship, so by already having a degree it clearly shows that I can do something of such level regardless of ucas points, strange that they would reject me.
IT was a level 6 apprenticeship, so by already having a degree it clearly shows that I can do something of such level regardless of ucas points, strange that they would reject me.

Having two bachelor degrees is a little odd unless you were applying because you want a career change?
Reply 4
Having two bachelor degrees is a little odd unless you were applying because you want a career change?

Yes, it's in a different field, so I know I'm eligible, but sadly UCAS points messed it up.
Yes, it's in a different field, so I know I'm eligible, but sadly UCAS points messed it up.

What level 3 qualifications did you do? And how many UCAS points do you need?
Reply 6
What level 3 qualifications did you do? And how many UCAS points do you need?

I did the general 3 A-levels, but I was short by 6 points from their requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending