gcp seems to have wrong info? please help!!

Watch this thread
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
My gcp gcse geography book says 8000 people died to typhoon haiyan… however everywhere I search says 6300. This is really stressing me out because i’ve memorised every single statistic, fact etc from my gcp book and it’s too late to re memorise different statistics. Why does my gcp book say way way different statistics to every other book and the internet? Surely it can’t be wrong.. but i’m worried It won’t match up to the mark scheme.

pocrates
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
6300 confirmed deaths, with a further 1062 missing. I assume the GCP textbook has combined the confirmed and missing into a single number.

Source (page 3): https://ndrrmc.gov.ph/attachments/ar...-09NOV2013.pdf.
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by pocrates)
6300 confirmed deaths, with a further 1062 missing. I assume the GCP textbook has combined the confirmed and missing into a single number.

Source (page 3): https://ndrrmc.gov.ph/attachments/ar...-09NOV2013.pdf.
okay thanks, would the mark scheme still accept the combined number?
pocrates
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by 641315)
okay thanks, would the mark scheme still accept the combined number?
Probably, although you should check with your teacher.
Last edited by pocrates; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise