The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Postgraduate Waitlisters 2022

Scroll to see replies

For the Japanese studies person, how did you find out about the other wait listers? And also why so many on the waiting list if your programme only has 3 places per year? Thanks
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Lindsaylinn
Hiii I am applying to education department too. May I ask which specific course? I got waitlisted for MSc in Education (Higher Education).

I got waitlisted for Child development and education… after 2 round of evaluation 😢
Original post by Anonymous
For the Japanese studies person, how did you find out about the other wait listers? And also why so many on the waiting list if your programme only has 3 places per year? Thanks

This is the MSc, i think it's taking in about 11 people this year? I met the other waitlisters through someone on this forum who got accepted into the same programme! I dont suppose there's a lot of people on the waitlist for my programme, I assume 5 or less.
I got waitlisted for Child development and education… after 2 round of evaluation 😢

I wrote the email to the education department and asked them about the 2022/23 course target capacity, the number of people who got waitlisted in my programme, which place I stand, and when I could get a further decision from their side.
They replied to me immediately, however, they did not share too much information and I quote the content below:

"Concerning the waitlist, more information is available on the University website at the following link. https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/after-you-apply/decision-timeline under the Academic Assessment tab. Decisions concerning the waitlist can be made up to the date of August 31st 2022, and if a place becomes available then you will be informed immediately."

The date of August 31st that is a really long wait...
I wrote the email to the education department and asked them about the 2022/23 course target capacity, the number of people who got waitlisted in my programme, which place I stand, and when I could get a further decision from their side.
They replied to me immediately, however, they did not share too much information and I quote the content below:

"Concerning the waitlist, more information is available on the University website at the following link. https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/after-you-apply/decision-timeline under the Academic Assessment tab. Decisions concerning the waitlist can be made up to the date of August 31st 2022, and if a place becomes available then you will be informed immediately."

Wow🤧🤧🤧 I can’t wait till then hahaha… it is too long. I got another offer from UCL anyway, and there is no deadline to accept my offer. So, my plan right now is to wait till the end of June, and if nothing changes, I’ll accept UCL offer🙂 what about you? What is your back up plan?

Would we even be able to get a college by then...

I think that a college has to accept you if you are given an offer. Hopefully they will let us know earlier if they can make an offer.
Reply 87

I think (and I may be wrong so it's worth checking) that if you are given an offer you will then get a college place. It's more so an issue in terms of college accommodation as there is often a lot of demand for that. But if you get an offer you should get a college place. Because if you think about how offer holders get assigned colleges, if there weren't any spaces elsewhere, that offer holder that's withdrawn which has resulted in you getting a space, means that there then would be a space at the college they were assigned. So I'm pretty sure you'll get a college place if you get an offer.
Original post by Wildean99
I think (and I may be wrong so it's worth checking) that if you are given an offer you will then get a college place. It's more so an issue in terms of college accommodation as there is often a lot of demand for that. But if you get an offer you should get a college place. Because if you think about how offer holders get assigned colleges, if there weren't any spaces elsewhere, that offer holder that's withdrawn which has resulted in you getting a space, means that there then would be a space at the college they were assigned. So I'm pretty sure you'll get a college place if you get an offer.

Yes, I meant college accommodation! Sorry for the confusion.
Reply 89
Yes, I meant college accommodation! Sorry for the confusion.

Ah my apologies. I would say though that there is a lot of private accommodation in Oxford as well, so it might also be worth considering renting privately. There are lots of house share websites that advertise rooms if you're wanting a more affordable and social option, as well as studios and one-bed flats for more privacy and independence.

Also I think it varies massively by college as they have varying degrees of accommodation so it is still possible to find some, if you get an offer later on.
(edited 2 years ago)
Has anyone sent a LOCI after getting waitlisted, and is it common to at Oxford? I tried sending one but the person who sent me the waitlist email is on leave until June so now I'm not sure who to contact.
Reply 91
Original post by gradapplicant010
Has anyone sent a LOCI after getting waitlisted, and is it common to at Oxford? I tried sending one but the person who sent me the waitlist email is on leave until June so now I'm not sure who to contact.

Sorry for the silly question but what is a LOCI?
Original post by Wildean99
Sorry for the silly question but what is a LOCI?

Letter of continued interest! In the US its pretty common to send them after getting waitlisted but idk about Oxford/UK schools.
Reply 93
Original post by gradapplicant010
Letter of continued interest! In the US its pretty common to send them after getting waitlisted but idk about Oxford/UK schools.

Ah okay, I think in instances where the waiting list is not ranked, this sort of thing might be very useful. But otherwise, I don't know how worthwhile it would be. That being said, I don't think it would hurt your application's prospects, so if you want to then go for it.
Any updates from anyone?
Any updates from anyone?

Nope, I expect updates in June or July :/
Hi everyone! I would like to ask what is subject access form? Is that a form that we can see my rank in the waiting list for my course?
Also, somehow we're going to get a response instead of a silent rejection, right?
Hi everyone! I would like to ask what is subject access form? Is that a form that we can see my rank in the waiting list for my course?
Also, somehow we're going to get a response instead of a silent rejection, right?

So the Subject Access Request is for a copy of your Assessment Form. This will include a breakdown of how your application scored against the criteria it was assessed by. So in my case, it was things like personal statement, undergrad grades etc. It also may include a short note on why your application was waitlisted, rather than accepted.

And then in terms of the waiting list, essentially what happened last year for me was that they got in touch when there was an update (which I think was after the deadline that offer holders had to respond to their offers), but otherwise didn't really send any emails to say we can't offer you a place. So it's unfortunately just a waiting game at this stage.
Reply 98
Any news from waitlisted candidates here?

Nothing as of now for MSc Mathematical Sciences applicants.
Original post by rm2222
Any news from waitlisted candidates here?

Nothing as of now for MSc Mathematical Sciences applicants.

MCF waitlisted here. The administrator says we'll wait until approximately August as some of the offer holders may withdraw from the programme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending