Sociology Questions

Watch this thread
aleve1student22
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
For Component One the 35 marker on family and education will a theory always come up? Theories as in: Func, Mx, Fem, PM and NRR.

What is the point of revising conjugal roles and childhood, if the pattern from all the past paper exams would have a family theory as one of the options?
Sweetea3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
i can only speak for the aqa a level but no, the education essay can be on differential educational achievement which is primarily a debate between im school factors vs external ones, it could also be on educational policy where there are differing ideological perspectives but they are not necessary to discuss. For questions regarding the family topics that do not necessarily include theories of the family may be changes in trends/ demography and perspectives on childhood.

A pattern in past papers does not mean that the pattern will persist & the specific questions asked will not come up again. In an absence of questions regarding the topics already covered questions on childhood & conjugal roles are more likely to come up. Even if they are not questions with high marks they should still be revised as it's so easy to gain marks on shorter questions & if you revise well enough you can cover them faster giving yourself more time on the essay questions
aleve1student22
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Sweetea3)
i can only speak for the aqa a level but no, the education essay can be on differential educational achievement which is primarily a debate between im school factors vs external ones, it could also be on educational policy where there are differing ideological perspectives but they are not necessary to discuss. For questions regarding the family topics that do not necessarily include theories of the family may be changes in trends/ demography and perspectives on childhood.

A pattern in past papers does not mean that the pattern will persist & the specific questions asked will not come up again. In an absence of questions regarding the topics already covered questions on childhood & conjugal roles are more likely to come up. Even if they are not questions with high marks they should still be revised as it's so easy to gain marks on shorter questions & if you revise well enough you can cover them faster giving yourself more time on the essay questions
They’ve taken conjugal roles and childhood off the specification due to the advanced information
Sweetea3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by aleve1student22)
They’ve taken conjugal roles and childhood off the specification due to the advanced information
they are definitely still all on the spec however you are right that they have removed childhood from the 2022 exams i hadn't checked the changes to exams section on the aqa website however as it's still on the spec your teacher can still test you on it i would recommend cram revising it before tests as this will get you through the in class test it won't stay with you but it doesn't really need to. conjugal roles may still come up & theories of the family is definitely not the main focus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.92%
As I expected (24)
30.77%
Harder (29)
37.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.13%

Watched Threads