The Student Room Group

why are guys who are not sexually active judged?

Look it's great if you wanna sleep with lots of different people. I don't thikn there's anything wrong with it.

But why are inexperienced guys judged so harshly? I am reluctant to say out loud that I am a virgin cuz it will very likely be used against me (if not at that moment, it will be in the future or at some random moment).

And just in general, not being sexually ''experienced'' as a guy is looked down upon and I don't really get why... I don't want to have sex with just anyone, I want to be in love them so we like connect both mentally and physically...I told this to one of my friends and he burst out laughing and told me Im cringe?
Male virgins are mocked by society and regarded as being "bad people". Virgin-shaming of men is considered acceptable. There's no real logical reason for it. There are probably just evolutionary reasons why men who struggle sexually are regarded as being "weak and pathetic" etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Look it's great if you wanna sleep with lots of different people. I don't thikn there's anything wrong with it.

But why are inexperienced guys judged so harshly? I am reluctant to say out loud that I am a virgin cuz it will very likely be used against me (if not at that moment, it will be in the future or at some random moment).

And just in general, not being sexually ''experienced'' as a guy is looked down upon and I don't really get why... I don't want to have sex with just anyone, I want to be in love them so we like connect both mentally and physically...I told this to one of my friends and he burst out laughing and told me Im cringe?

omg thisss, First i want to say you are more of a man than any of those guys making fun of you. Im glad you are able to say you are a virgin so proudly. I agree with you 100%, i want it to be intimate for my first time, thats why im saving myself for marriage. It shouldnt be looked down upon instead it should be held highly. Personally as a female if i find out a guy im talking to had already lost his virginity, sorry but hes getting dropped. I do not want a guy who has had sex with other females, thats the biggest deal breaker for me.
They are? I haven't seen this as being the norm. Although I'm aware some men can regard it as a mark of shame if they themselves are not sexually active or still a virgin at an age when they assume other men are not.
They aren't lol. You're more likely to be judged for having loads of sexual partners.
(edited 2 years ago)
having a lot of sex is considered part of what makes men masculine (womanizer stereotype etc.) and not having a lot of sex makes you seem weak/unattractive based on that stereotype
Original post by Chicken.M.
They aren't lol. You're more likely to be judged for having loads of sexual partners.

Women are more likely to be judged negatively for having lots of sexual partners. Although recently there has (quite rightly) been a lot of pushback against "slut shaming", and slut-shaming isn't really considered acceptable any more.

Whereas men are more likely to be judged negatively for having few sexual partners. And there isn't really any pushback against this virgin-shaming.
Why are girls who are sexually active judged?
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
Why are girls who are sexually active judged?

Because promiscuity is a terrible thing. It should be looked down upon in both men and women.

Men do get a pass when it comes to that stuff, which I obviously think is wrong.
Original post by Joel 96
Because promiscuity is a terrible thing. It should be looked down upon in both men and women.

Men do get a pass when it comes to that stuff, which I obviously think is wrong.

It's a free country. How many sexual partners someone has is nobody else's business.
Original post by Anonymous
Women are more likely to be judged negatively for having lots of sexual partners. Although recently there has (quite rightly) been a lot of pushback against "slut shaming", and slut-shaming isn't really considered acceptable any more.

Whereas men are more likely to be judged negatively for having few sexual partners. And there isn't really any pushback against this virgin-shaming.

Men also get judged for having lots of partners. They get called a man**** or ****boy and women avoid them for serious relationships lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
Judge no, yes some girls might joke about it but you just have to deal with that insecurity you have and be patient
Some people are habitually malicious or antagonistic towards all sexually inexperienced adults- guys and girls.
View them as a combination of: antisocial eccentrics, low value individuals with few useful friends, sexually unattractive incels, religious whackos, losers with little prospect of improving their social skills/financial situation or pathetic social outcasts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending