The Student Room Group

Advanced Highers - workload

For S6 i am taking advanced bio, chem and mods but i am really interested in doing higher psychology. Would this be too much of a workload or is it manageable because all my friends are telling me i am going to overwork myself if i do 4 subjects. I also would like to apply to either medicine, psychology or neuroscience so i feel like it would be helpful for those courses but i’m unsure.
Original post by fooxel
For S6 i am taking advanced bio, chem and mods but i am really interested in doing higher psychology. Would this be too much of a workload or is it manageable because all my friends are telling me i am going to overwork myself if i do 4 subjects. I also would like to apply to either medicine, psychology or neuroscience so i feel like it would be helpful for those courses but i’m unsure.
Original post by fooxel

As someone in S6 taking three advanced highers I’ll recommend you take 2 advanced highers and one crash higher maybe even two. A crash higher in most universities is seen as an adv higher. If your worried its not, research or email the university your going to apply to about their view on crash highers then that should affirm your decision. If you pick two advanced higher and a crash, you can also pick Scottish bachelorette for science and research a topic that you can use to write in your personal statement. If you do this your application will look much stronger and let’s you actively work on your personal statement in school. I also, highly suggest you start practicing for UCAT through the summer as-well and work on your personal statement as S6 can tend to get very hectic especially for a Med student.
Reply 2
Original post by Aaronahhahhshaha
As someone in S6 taking three advanced highers I’ll recommend you take 2 advanced highers and one crash higher maybe even two. A crash higher in most universities is seen as an adv higher. If your worried its not, research or email the university your going to apply to about their view on crash highers then that should affirm your decision. If you pick two advanced higher and a crash, you can also pick Scottish bachelorette for science and research a topic that you can use to write in your personal statement. If you do this your application will look much stronger and let’s you actively work on your personal statement in school. I also, highly suggest you start practicing for UCAT through the summer as-well and work on your personal statement as S6 can tend to get very hectic especially for a Med student.

Thank you third was evey helpful, i think i will email the universities i would like to do medicine in and ask. If i was taking 3 Advanced highers i was going to choose religious studies or statistics however if i was doing two highers and two advances i wouod pick psychology, rmps, and advanced bio and chem
Reply 3
I take 4 advanced highers right now, and I know lots of people doing 3 AH and 1 H. TBH it's not a deathly workload, but a lot of work that you have to put the effort into. If you have the time and motivation, and the prior grades (I'd say going for 4 subjects S6 you'd be looking at A/Bs), then go for it.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest