The Student Room Group

GM and clothing assistant Sainsbury’s

Hi everyone,

I have a job interview for GM and clothing assistant-Argos and was wondering if anyone has tips for the interview?
Also what does the role involve and how does overtime work at Sainsbury’s?

Thank you
Original post by Pineleaves
Hi everyone,

I have a job interview for GM and clothing assistant-Argos and was wondering if anyone has tips for the interview?

Thank you

So as a customer assistance in a supermarket like Sainsbury's or Argos they will want to be wanting to know --

Have you any previous experience in retailing although not necessary as training will be provided as nothing hard in it.
Why do you want to work with us
How flexible are you with the working day's, hours per week.
How are you with working as a team member.

So the job basically involves moving around trolleys/cage's of stock item's and you'll replenish the stock according to date etc.
As you saying that you are applying for the clothing department then you'll be involved with helping customers with giving them advice on sizes,etc and filling the shelves , racks up with new stock, rotating the stock around, cleaning the shelves ( take off the stock and clean or wipe them and them replace the stock back into the shelves and racks.
Take orders from fellow colleagues.

The role is similar to most supermarkets who sells everything.
Hi everyone,

Thank you

Any previous retail experience?
What is customer service to you and demonstrate examples of customer service?
What makes you the right fit to work at Sainsbury's?
What makes you a team-player.

I was a trading assistant in my job at Sainsburys I left having worked 22 months as it was my first job recently however I worked as an all-rounder in 4 departments Food, General Merchandising/Clothing, Check-Outs and Seasonal Change. The role of a general merchandising is putting out stock such as CD’s, DVD’s, Headphones, Video Games and Magazines etc. Clothing is different season and general clothes that you’ll drag in out of the warehouse dependent on seasonal times for example spring, summer such as sandles, back to school clothes and even winter clothes like hats, scarves, jumpers and gloves. Overtime is a number of hours verbally agreed between yourself and your line manager and for the number of hours you do you only get paid £9.50 that’s it. For example a 4 hour shift no break entitlement just £9.50 same goes for an 8 hour shift except you have a 30 minute break your entitled to.

I would have a look at Indeed/Glassdoor on the interview insights people give after doing an interview which will give you an understanding of what you’ll face.

I would also watch this: https://youtu.be/gMXmzJzQIAw
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Positive energy and enthusiasm counts for a lot at interview. Cracking video above
Original post by Zarek
Positive energy and enthusiasm counts for a lot at interview. Cracking video above

Thank you 🙏.
Reply 5
Thanks so much for all the help, I really appreciate it and will prepare answers to those questions.

I was just wondering, do you think the role would involve working in Argos and Sainsburys, or just Argos?
Thanks so much for all the help, I really appreciate it and will prepare answers to those questions.

I was just wondering, do you think the role would involve working in Argos and Sainsburys, or just Argos?

Argos is just part of Sainsbury’s. In my role I rarely worked at Argos even though it was within our Sainsbury’s if anything it was only to cover for a-bit that’s all but I highly doubt it and you’ll be trained briefly if you do by an Argos colleague.
anyone know the age you have to be to apply for GM and Clothing Assistant?
Reply 8
Original post by Lukey0121
anyone know the age you have to be to apply for GM and Clothing Assistant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending