The Student Room Group

am I late?-urgent please

Currently I am undergoing international A-LEVELs 'cie' exams, which are scheduled for may. I am taking three subjects (bio, chemistry, and math). I live in the UAE, and I was supposed to finish igcses in year 12 and then take two AS-level subjects in year 13, but I am planning to study abroad in the UK , as well as other countries, the requirements for studying medicine are 3-A level subjects. However, I was unable to start studying the syllabus due to certain circumstances in my life and I am now applying for a scholarship to study medicine. However, they require a minimum of three A's in my results to get enrolled in it. Am panicking, in biology, I have 19 chapters and I have completed 15 of them. In chemistry, I have 30 chapters and I am already halfway through the book (15 chapters completed). In math, I am taking pure 1, pure 3, statistics 1 and statistics 2 (finished pure 1 but not 3) I also completed 3 chapters of S1 (total 8 chapters). As for s2, it has six chapters in total, but I need to finish s1 before starting s2. What do you think I should do?Will I earn an A?I have eight weeks until the exams start. Also most of my friends are only doing 2 as subjects so I feel like am left out.
ps: my paper 3 (practical) and 5 (alternative to practical) for chemistry and bio are cancelled
Reply 1
that's gonna be kinda hard to do with chem and maths needing a lot of time. I guess if you're able to understand it you should be alright, but if you learn a bit slowly this isn't looking great.
fortunately, I am a fast learner I finished those 15chapters of bio and chem within 2 weeks so I hope I will be done with the rest by mid-march, also I heard that the most important thing is to practice as many papers as I can, is it right?

Original post by H.dy
that's gonna be kinda hard to do with chem and maths needing a lot of time. I guess if you're able to understand it you should be alright, but if you learn a bit slowly this isn't looking great.
Reply 3
Original post by taleenrehan90
fortunately, I am a fast learner I finished those 15chapters of bio and chem within 2 weeks so I hope I will be done with the rest by mid-march, also I heard that the most important thing is to practice as many papers as I can, is it right?

yeah i guess so. for chem they just reuse questions with some changes here and there. don't expect all questions to seems somewhat familiar though. use physicsandmathstutor to see end of topic style questions too
Original post by H.dy
yeah i guess so. for chem they just reuse questions with some changes here and there. don't expect all questions to seems somewhat familiar though. use physicsandmathstutor to see end of topic style questions too

thank you very much for your help😇
Hi Taleen
I am on the same plan
I would love if we could become friends to motivate each other and help
Currently I am undergoing international A-LEVELs 'cie' exams, which are scheduled for may. I am taking three subjects (bio, chemistry, and math). I live in the UAE, and I was supposed to finish igcses in year 12 and then take two AS-level subjects in year 13, but I am planning to study abroad in the UK , as well as other countries, the requirements for studying medicine are 3-A level subjects. However, I was unable to start studying the syllabus due to certain circumstances in my life and I am now applying for a scholarship to study medicine. However, they require a minimum of three A's in my results to get enrolled in it. Am panicking, in biology, I have 19 chapters and I have completed 15 of them. In chemistry, I have 30 chapters and I am already halfway through the book (15 chapters completed). In math, I am taking pure 1, pure 3, statistics 1 and statistics 2 (finished pure 1 but not 3) I also completed 3 chapters of S1 (total 8 chapters). As for s2, it has six chapters in total, but I need to finish s1 before starting s2. What do you think I should do?Will I earn an A?I have eight weeks until the exams start. Also most of my friends are only doing 2 as subjects so I feel like am left out.
ps: my paper 3 (practical) and 5 (alternative to practical) for chemistry and bio are cancelled
Original post by ranaidri
I am only doing A2
I have pure 3 and statistics 1
And in biology I have 7 topics
And 11 topics in chemistry
Do you think it’s do able?

What are you going to do if people say 'no'? Just give up with it?
Original post by georgiggy
i think if you try and get it all done in 6 weeks and leave it so you have 2 weeks for dedicated revision you should be alright but it will be difficult

I am only doing A2
I have pure 3 and statistics 1
And in biology I have 7 topics
And 11 topics in chemistry
Do you think it’s do able?
Original post by Reality Check
What are you going to do if people say 'no'? Just give up with it?

No
I want study advice
(edited 1 year ago)
yeah sure i would love that too.

Original post by username5873412
Hi Taleen
I am on the same plan
I would love if we could become friends to motivate each other and hel
Original post by georgiggy
i think if you try and get it all done in 6 weeks and leave it so you have 2 weeks for dedicated revision you should be alright but it will be difficult

it is 2 days ago I finished biology and start doing past papers. now I am doing chemistry and math hope I can finish them by this weekend.

i thought you meant you were late......., i was gonna recommend a test
yeah sure i would love that too.

Please check your DM

Quick Reply

Latest