shangui
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Is it possible to do a short film and explain it with a 2000 word essay for my epq? The criteria mentions that we can write a research essay or a creative piece but im not sure if i can make a short film. A little guidance needed
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Do you know which exam board your school/college use for the EPQ? If the answer is AQA then the answer to your question is a definite "Yes".

From AQA's "Quick Guide to Artefacts" (https://filestore2.aqa.org.uk/subjec...-W-TG-GA.PDF):

"An artefact can be a physical outcome such as a book or a short film or it can be a presentation to a specific audience, a play, it could be an event such as a fashion show or a musical evening. In fact there is almost no limit to what can constitute an artefact, as long as it has research at its core."

So, as long as your short film "has research at it's core", then you're good. I'm sure other exam boards will take the same view, but it's worth double-checking once you know which board it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (15)
28.85%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (21)
40.38%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.85%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.77%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.69%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
11.54%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads