This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I think the best day for people is Feb 1st. Who can make it this day? Please respond ASAP we need to get tickets for y'all soon!
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
By soon, Lex means we need to buy them on Tuesday, so by Monday at the latest so we can decide who's getting how many tickets.

A.
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not fair I wanna come

What day of the week is 1st Feb anyway?
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Tuesday mecomputerthinks.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Tuesday 1st February it is.

So I guess this is 10 people coming so far. If anybody can't come please let me know. If anybody else can come, please tell one of us before This Tuesday (we're gonna buy a week in advance). If you decide you want to come after that it may be still possible to get you a ticket up to Sunday night, but Clare formal sells out fast so don't count on it. I'll post details about arrangements later.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Tuesday 1st February it is.

So I guess this is 10 people coming so far. If anybody can't come please let me know. If anybody else can come, please tell one of us before This Tuesday (we're gonna buy a week in advance). If you decide you want to come after that it may be still possible to get you a ticket up to Sunday night, but Clare formal sells out fast so don't count on it. I'll post details about arrangements later.
Should we PM people who showed an interest in the previous thread but haven't voted here yet?

A.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alaric)
Should we PM people who showed an interest in the previous thread but haven't voted here yet?

A.
Yeah, I know there's people like Rosie who might be able to come if she can sort a supervision which ends at 7.15
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Okay details for the formal:

- Formal takes place Tuesday 1st February
- Cost is #6 for guests. Me, Alaric and Helen are going to buy you guys tickets, if it's okay with them I figure easiest is if you just bring 6 quid with you on the night and buy your ticket off one of us.
- Clare college, we need to be in hall at 7.30 sharpish, usual protocol is meet in Clare cellars at 7.10 for a drink, and so that we can go up to hall a bit early to ensure we're all sitting together.
- Anybody that doesn't know how to get to Clare cellars, I'm willing to meet you outside kings at say 7 and walk back to Clare with you. Please let me know if you don't know where cellars are!
- Clare formal doesn't require gowns, just smart clothes. Though some wear gowns anyway, it's pretty evenly split.
- We have a wine limit, it's half a bottle each, when you're going into formal you need to nominate the person you're sharing a bottle with. This means if we all turn up with bottles we'll be in a muddle. You don't need to buy clare wine or anything, though there are bottles for sale in cellars before hand if you can't be bothered getting some before. THey're about 4 quid I think. There's no uncorking charge. But yeah, it'd be helpful to arrange wine sharing with somebody else who is going. If you're not drinking then there's water/coffee around, and whoever you partner with will be happy because then they can have the whole bottle of wine.
- Finishes about 9 I think.
- Formal at Clare isn't over the top formal, chairs not benches, some latin, standing for fellows, GONG, pennying widespread etc, three courses.
- Anybody who wants a vegetarian meal, please let me know so I can ensure I get you a veggie ticket

Anything else?
Ticki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can we wear gowns anyway - I want to compare!!!

I won't be drinking so someone's welcome to have my half. I should probably have asked Priya first as she's only nextdoor, but serves her right for going to some stupid boatie thing.

Oh, and have you any idea what sort of thing the meal could be? I normally go for veggie formal so as not to risk lamb/general Sidney meat. If yours is ok I'm happy to try the normal formal though. I'm such a daredevil.

Thanks so much for organising this, guys! Can't wait!
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ticki)
I won't be drinking so someone's welcome to have my half.
Whoo! Done, I normally just create chaos by turning up with wine and expecting other people to not have some.

A.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thought I'd just pop in and say I've voted on the poll, just so it doesn't get overlooked.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok... I think I'll take a bottle along, anyone want half of that? And, I don't want to drink out of will, i.e. get pennied. I don't do pennying. I'll wear my gown so just to look a ted bit smarter/sillier on the street. I don't have a corkscrew, could someone open it for me?

I'll get to King's just before 7pm. Don't where, what or who is Clare.
Ticki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did my first bop sans alcohol last night. It was a bit trying until the building's electricity went down and we had to evacuate everyone. Love it.

Alaric: if you want to partner up that's cool.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Thought I'd just pop in and say I've voted on the poll, just so it doesn't get overlooked.
Been modded into a mod recently?... Nice. Congratulations.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
I just came on and I was blue and there were extra buttons..
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You really ARE slow:p:
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok... I think I'll take a bottle along, anyone want half of that? And, I don't want to drink out of will, i.e. get pennied. I don't do pennying. I'll wear my gown so just to look a ted bit smarter/sillier on the street. I don't have a corkscrew, could someone open it for me?

I'll get to King's just before 7pm. Don't where, what or who is Clare.
You don't need a corkscrew, the waitresses will do that for you.

http://www.cam.ac.uk/map/v3/drawmap....lare%20College that is where Clare is Shaui.

Should we really be starting as late as 7.15? In order to get fully connected seats shouldn't we be thinking of getting there early... speaking as someone who turns up at 7.30 and never has a seat...

A.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't have a corkscrew, could someone open it for me?
That's a point - you have to take closed bottles, so they can open them for you (so they know how much has been brought and that you haven't topped up your bottle with vodka or something.

Vicki, why aren't you drinking this term?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
You don't need a corkscrew, the waitresses will do that for you.

http://www.cam.ac.uk/map/v3/drawmap....lare%20College that is where Clare is Shaui.

Should we really be starting as late as 7.15? In order to get fully connected seats shouldn't we be thinking of getting there early... speaking as someone who turns up at 7.30 and never has a seat...

A.
You spelled my name wrong... :'(

Half a bottle is enough for me. Don't want to get drunk.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You spelled my name wrong... :'(

Half a bottle is enough for me. Don't want to get drunk.
Sorry, Shuai, it was a typo.

A.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads