This discussion is closed.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by crana9)
shuai, you're getting very pervy at the minute, whats wrong with you ?!
I am? Ok. I shall not say that then. That's a silly comment to make. Well... So was the other one about ducks.
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
My mobile number for anybody with a problem is 07930527504

i wouldnt give that out on here, youll probly get weirdos from GC wandering in and ringing you about their anorexia or sexual dysfunction.

Visesh - you should know!
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i'm happy to dispense my advise about their anorexia and sexual dysfunction
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it's advice, dear.

You will probably get juno asking for STI help. and MJG trying to pull
fishpaste
Rep:
?
MJG on the other end would make me happy as pants
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Oh. please just come to the formal with your gown on top and naked underneath.
don't think she'll appreciate that somehow.... :p:

vicki- u know someone at the pitt club!?!?! get you!
fishpaste
Rep:
?
i hate that my primary response to anxieties about work is to curl up into a ball, with my head on a pillow, and thoroughly avoid work. hate academic work, want to work in a factory for a bit. i want to go home
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
clare cellars!? I've never been in such a place......I don't know you, why are you talking to me....stop it! argh!
You so have. Though you were somewhat drunk when I last saw you there. I'll hang around by the plodge and point people in the right direction

Lex - go do some work! I'm writing about spermatogenesis, and very exciting it is too :sleep:
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
You so have. Though you were somewhat drunk when I last saw you there. I'll hang around by the plodge and point people in the right direction

Lex - go do some work! I'm writing about spermatogenesis, and very exciting it is too :sleep:
ahh last night was interesting- mainly lacrosse boys ripping it out of nick the duck- helen adnd vicki, you would have appreciated it (or not, as the case may be.....i hate 'I have never')
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i hate that my primary response to anxieties about work is to curl up into a ball, with my head on a pillow, and thoroughly avoid work. hate academic work, want to work in a factory for a bit. i want to go home
Everyone does that I'm sure, despite having more work to do in the next month than I've ever cumulatively had to in the last 20 years I still managed to waste last week. An entire week damnit.

I'll try and be in bar at 7, or more likely 7.10, as I'm always late. If you are going to be late then ring Lex so that we can reserve seats in the hall and have someone outside hall able to dispense your ticket to you. Otherwise we might go in and you'd be all alone and crying.

I will almost certainly be wearing a black suit, black shirt and dark silvery tie, so I should be spottable, but unless I've seen you before I _will_ ignore people until they say something.

Here is where Old Court is if you're finding it yourself: http://www.cam.ac.uk/map/v3/drawmap....College;gf=png

Here is a map of college: http://www.clare.cam.ac.uk/about/map-college.html
The bar is in the basement of `A' staircase, underneath the largest pink tower on that map. Turn immediate right if you come through the arch from town, go diagonally opposite left if you come from the backs arch side.
If you're late then the Great Hall is found via the only exit from old court with steps up to it. It is marked on the map.

Wine:
There's no corkage.
One bottle of wine between two people.
There should be bottles of rank wine available from the bar if you arrive in time and we need more.
Keep it unopenned until we get in.
They'll open it for us, there's no need for a corkscrew.

Etiquette:
We stand silently for the fellows entering and leaving, before sitting after they enter a short grace will be said in Latin, there's no grace readers ticket so you're all safe from reading it.
Be reasonable about flash photos, they might get annoyed if you do excessively, I also look terrible(r) in flash photos.
Don't walk around during formal, especially for the sole reason of pennying, the waiting staff don't like it.
It's silver service (or their approximation of it) and so you'll have to be careful of getting out the way of large trays every now and again.
No throwing food or fighting, duh.

Things people should know about me:
I don't do pennying, as long as Vicki is still not wanting wine, I will be drinking an entire bottle during the formal that will get me too drunk as it is, I don't need hurrying and I normally buy wine I actually like to drink. Yeah, yeah, I'm dull. Don't waste the penny.
I will almost certainly drop my cutlery on the floor twice during formal and my napkin umpteen times.
I will complain bitterly if I manage to sit on the join of the tables (again).
If I take an umbrella into formal I will almost certainly forget it, somebody should prevent this. I've lost too many umbrellas by being drunk.

Think that's about it.

A.

PS: there's a possibility I'll be talking to a group of non TSR people if I go to the bar, the Mayball is also having formal tomorrow, don't be shy.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
there's no grace readers ticket so you're all safe from reading it.

I will almost certainly drop my cutlery on the floor twice during formal and my napkin umpteen times.
grace readers ticket? :eek: i am, pretty sure pem dont have that

you sound like you're about as dextrous as me
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
grace readers ticket? :eek: i am, pretty sure pem dont have that
I think Caius or Jesus do.

you sound like you're about as dextrous as me
I don't know it's weird, I do lots with my hands (badminton, table football, a lot of typing, juggling) but then when I get in formal I just forget about such things. I remember once (I was quite pissed at this point) I put my spoon down very carefully in it's bowl, I was pleased at how easily I'd done that (my hands can be quite shaky especially if drunk) and so took my mind off what I was doing and hit the end of the spoon whilst putting my hands down on the table sending it flying it a comedy manner. On the way up from underneath the table rescuing the spoon I also managed to knock the fork off. Muppet.

A.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok help me out here. Black shirt to go with black jacket, black trousers and a dark colour tie, or white shirt to go with the above? Is everyone going to wear a gown?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
I've just been invited to formal tonight. So that's tonight, tomorrow and wednesday. Oh my god.
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok help me out here. Black shirt to go with black jacket, black trousers and a dark colour tie, or white shirt to go with the above? Is everyone going to wear a gown?
I'd go with the white one, shuai, and wear a gown.

Alaric - at least you are sometimes co ordinated. shuai can testify i am just rubbish even when not drunk

(Your story reminded me abouit the one about bill bryson niocking a drin k onto this old lady on a plane. not once, but when they brought the replacement drink, he split that one on her too )
Poc ar buile
Report 14 years ago
I've just been invited to formal tonight. So that's tonight, tomorrow and wednesday. Oh my god.
Ah.. Is that why u rn't up4our mini-college crawl Alex?
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
don't think she'll appreciate that somehow.... :p:

vicki- u know someone at the pitt club!?!?! get you!
I wouldn't appreciate myself either. Not if I say stupid comments like that.
Poc ar buile
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
I believe it's already been done at a Clare formal, but it will get you a reputation.
Was it Helen again..? :rolleyes:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd go with the white one, shuai, and wear a gown.

Alaric - at least you are sometimes co ordinated. shuai can testify i am just rubbish even when not drunk

(Your story reminded me abouit the one about bill bryson niocking a drin k onto this old lady on a plane. not once, but when they brought the replacement drink, he split that one on her too )
Gown is good. though can be stupid when walking down Kings parade.

Alex, be there at 5 to 7, or you can kiss your cheque goodbye!
crana9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gown is good. though can be stupid when walking down Kings parade.
!
:rolleyes: you are allowed to carry it over your arm while walking, you fool.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (8)
61.54%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
23.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
15.38%

Watched Threads