Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Sorry, Shuai, it was a typo.

A.
    No worries. We need compulsary spell check in firefox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    That's a point - you have to take closed bottles, so they can open them for you (so they know how much has been brought and that you haven't topped up your bottle with vodka or something.

Vicki, why aren't you drinking this term?
    That's insane!! I know someone who always takes a small bottle of vodka in her handbag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    No worries. We need compulsary spell check in firefox.
    *compulsory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    Can we wear gowns anyway - I want to compare!!!

I won't be drinking so someone's welcome to have my half. I should probably have asked Priya first as she's only nextdoor, but serves her right for going to some stupid boatie thing.

Oh, and have you any idea what sort of thing the meal could be? I normally go for veggie formal so as not to risk lamb/general Sidney meat. If yours is ok I'm happy to try the normal formal though. I'm such a daredevil.

Thanks so much for organising this, guys! Can't wait!
    i don't mind having half a bottle of anything; i prefer red but not if it's like the rank stuff i was drinking at formal last night. urgh.

oh yeah, food. i don't eat beef, but i eat any other meat.and i'm allergic to nuts. is there any way of finding out what the formal meal will be before putting veggie/no nuts etc on the list? if not, i'll just go veggie.

vicki- the boatie thing was amazing. if anyone was on the river today, you might have seen the blessing of the new sidney boat, the Dorothy Larkum, which the 1st men then took out for a paddle. they loved it. they loved it more because they'd been swigging champagne before they went out lol

ReputationRep:
    you dont know how close i came to stealing a bottle of that champagne...as i cycled past people pulling a cart along, i could just have reached up and yoinked a bottle off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i don't mind having half a bottle of anything; i prefer red but not if it's like the rank stuff i was drinking at formal last night. urgh.
    I think the implication was she wasnt drinking, which means the wine-buddy can have entire bottle which is why I stole her :p:

(Original post by priya)
    oh yeah, food. i don't eat beef, but i eat any other meat.and i'm allergic to nuts. is there any way of finding out what the formal meal will be before putting veggie/no nuts etc on the list? if not, i'll just go veggie.
    The menu probably won't be available until the Sunday before and even then it's changeable so putting it down as a requirement is probably more sensible, so I'll let Lex sort you out as I have no idea how to deal with awkward food requirements :p:.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    *compulsory

Point Maken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    you dont know how close i came to stealing a bottle of that champagne...as i cycled past people pulling a cart along, i could just have reached up and yoinked a bottle off!
    Computer says no....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Vicki, why aren't you drinking this term?
    When it got to the stage when the porter was said, "You were a bit of a state last night!" I thought something had to change! Although in fairness, at least I could remember seeing him. Seriously though, I'm not a huge alcohol fan ( :eek: ) and am particularly unkeen on wine. I might start drinking again later (I've got to like something!), will see how I feel. I'm a bit worried that I've been using it too often to calm my nerves and in awkward situations.

(Original post by Priya)
    vicki- the boatie thing was amazing. if anyone was on the river today, you might have seen the blessing of the new sidney boat, the Dorothy Larkum, which the 1st men then took out for a paddle. they loved it. they loved it more because they'd been swigging champagne before they went out lol
    I think we should commission a row-boat called the Fred Larkum, after the bursar's dog. He is so cute. Glad you had a good time - hope it wasn't too cold! Oh, and who was racing today? Ismini said everyone was catching crabs all over the place. Tsk tsk.

(Original post by Alaric)
    which means the wine-buddy can have entire bottle which is why I stole her
    Ooh, I've never been stolen before. This is exciting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm veggie and will be drinking white if anyone wants to share.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I can take a bottle of red or a bottle of rosé. Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a veggie too, and I won't be drinking...

btw my email is aat28, if we are finalising plans using hermes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I can take a bottle of red or a bottle of rosé. Anyone?
    I'd share with that. I'd bring some dosh on the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I'm veggie and will be drinking white if anyone wants to share.

MB
    Milk? Semen? Paint?

We were drinking green in College last nite.. Morning Fresh, to be precise..

One of our JCR officers from last year broke away from his girlfriend (who would have stopped him!) and we sprinted for the kitchen... Great stuff!

ReputationRep:
    pol you need to "yes' the poll, otherwise we're gonna forget to get you a ticket. that goes for anybody who wants to come and has said so but hasn't said yes to this poll.

ReputationRep:
    Will there be any detergent on the menu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Will there be any detergent on the menu?
    as in, Bold 2 in 1 meadow fresh fabric detergant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    as in, Bold 2 in 1 meadow fresh fabric detergant?
    It would do.. We have been on the Fairy Liquitabs at Girton up to now, but I'm sure myself and Andrew, if he comes, would be happy to try new flavours..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    People I like: F.Poste, Ruthiepoothie, Piginapoke, Rushda, Padfoot, Lord Huntroyde, The narbs, AT, Fishpaste, Ellie4, Mobbdeeprob, acaila, Amb1, geoff, Squishy, Daveo, Minor deity
    Add me to your list *****..

ReputationRep:
    Andrew? Anyway, if he is coming, he needs to vote on the poll or we won't be able to get tickets. We can only have a maximum of 18.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.