The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Willa
it's called "Microsoft". This implies it doesn't work properly. Give them a few hours and they'll fix it though

Hmm, since I started java programming I am slowly becoming drawn to the wonders of linux!

//Mr Mackey speaking
public class Mackey_Talk
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
System.out.printf("Java is cool man, Java is cool.%n Linux is cool man, Linux is cool.%n");
}
}
Reply 501
visesh
Shuai, does "personal use" make you go blind?

I don't know. Does it?
Reply 502
Camford
By the way, did Alaric tell you that CompScis never delete stuff? We only create backups... So expect more copies of that horrid picture of yours to be made... but not passed around. So, the secret is safe with me, unless someone else has also made a copy...

I try not to talk about compsci to non-compscis, they don't seem to appreciate it, so I hope I didn't go on too much aout it last night.

Besides Shuai, you haven't even properly done back-up stuff yet, the comb function et al! It's in one of the O/S courses, can't remember if it was first or second year, prob second.

A.
Reply 503
Ticki
I had no idea everyone was so ratted last night. You all behave very well under the influence. Puts me to shame... I was stone-cold sober.

Come on, you must have noticed I was reasonably tipsy, I probably slurred every word after we got past the main course! /me is a lightweight!

Having said that, I was able to go to bed pretty much as soon as I wanted to after getting home, normally I have to stay up until about 5 or 6 getting sober enough to sleep. May just be that wine is a different kind of drunk from beer and whisky though.

A.
Reply 504
Alaric
Come on, you must have noticed I was reasonably tipsy, I probably slurred every word after we got past the main course! /me is a lightweight!

Having said that, I was able to go to bed pretty much as soon as I wanted to after getting home, normally I have to stay up until about 5 or 6 getting sober enough to sleep. May just be that wine is a different kind of drunk from beer and whisky though.

A.

Ah, what's the name of the wine you bought yesterday? I think I'm getting a bottle of that stuff for a formal in two weeks' time.
Reply 505
Alaric
I try not to talk about compsci to non-compscis, they don't seem to appreciate it, so I hope I didn't go on too much aout it last night.

Besides Shuai, you haven't even properly done back-up stuff yet, the comb function et al! It's in one of the O/S courses, can't remember if it was first or second year, prob second.

A.

O/S is first year. Easter term.
Reply 506
Camford
O/S is first year. Easter term.

There's also a second year course on it, they're all easy though I was narc'd that he set an exam question on half of a slide of a case study last year. Oh well.

Camford
Ah, what's the name of the wine you bought yesterday? I think I'm getting a bottle of that stuff for a formal in two weeks' time.

Off the top of my head, Casilliero del Diablo or something like that, it's available in 'burys or threshers and is ~£5.50. It's supposedly stored in the cellars of the devil, hence the name I guess, but it can't have been for very long since it was a 2003! Pretty drinkable, I don't really enjoy most wine but I find it nice enough as long as I'm eating food at the same time. I'm far from being a wine connoisseur.

A.
Reply 507
visesh
Shuai, does "personal use" make you go blind?

surely it would be "abuse" rather than "use".....

....oh this joke has gone on far too long!
Reply 508
Alaric
There's also a second year course on it, they're all easy though I was narc'd that he set an exam question on half of a slide of a case study last year. Oh well.

Off the top of my head, Casilliero del Diablo or something like that, it's available in 'burys or threshers and is ~£5.50. It's supposedly stored in the cellars of the devil, hence the name I guess, but it can't have been for very long since it was a 2003! Pretty drinkable, I don't really enjoy most wine but I find it nice enough as long as I'm eating food at the same time. I'm far from being a wine connoisseur.

A.

I went to bury's today and there's nothing along the line of Diablo. Where is threshers?
Reply 509
Willa

"personal java making".
Reply 510
Willa

He hasn't got it yet:frown:
Reply 511
visesh

Of course I don't. I don't speak perfect English.
Reply 512
Camford
Of course I don't. I don't speak perfect English.

Nor do I:smile:.
Reply 513
Ticki
That's what you get for going to see POP! Hope you got it done ok!

POP were HILARRRRRIOUS :'( they completely forgot their dance routine, and gave up miming. <3 it
Reply 514
fishpaste
POP were HILARRRRRIOUS :'( they completely forgot their dance routine, and gave up miming. <3 it

:eek: I read miming as "rimming". I got scared. :eek:
Reply 515
visesh

rimming would have been equally an abomination
Reply 516
fishpaste
rimming would have been equally an abomination

They were THAT good? :eek:
Reply 517
Camford
I went to bury's today and there's nothing along the line of Diablo. Where is threshers?

Odd, I've got it from there before are you sure you looked close enough :p:.

Threshers is on Market square between Paperchase and the entrance to Rose Crescent. They had at least three bottles of it when I went in yesterday.

A.
Reply 518
visesh

oh poor poor shaui, when he finds out he's gonna be so embarrassed.

But continuing on another note:

Camford
Java making

So that's what you call it then.....java!?
Reply 519
visesh

Holy Father, could please save this poor child from his tortured destiny.

Latest

Trending

Trending