The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

2022 Edge Hill applicants & place holders

Any applicants & place/offer holders for Edge Hill Uni 2022 - thought it might be useful to make this for people to discuss courses, accommodation, get to know people etc.

Don’t think there’s one of these yet but if so, ignore this!
Original post by Anonymous
Any applicants & place/offer holders for Edge Hill Uni 2022 - thought it might be useful to make this for people to discuss courses, accommodation, get to know people etc.

Don’t think there’s one of these yet but if so, ignore this!

Hi!
I’ve applied for primary Early years Education with qts and have a place! I’ve already formed EHU so I’m definitely going and I’m so excited!
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
howdyyy! i applied for medicine with a foundation year and firmed my place there (heheee). honestly can not wait ( ͡◡ ‿‿ ͡◡)

Hi!
I’ve applied for primary Early years Education with qts and have a place! I’ve already formed EHU so I’m definitely going and I’m so excited!

CONGRATSSS!!!
Original post by Kizarkito
howdyyy! i applied for medicine with a foundation year and firmed my place there (heheee). honestly can not wait ( ͡◡ ‿‿ ͡◡)

CONGRATSSS!!!

Tysm! Congrats on your place too! Hopefully we will see each other in September!!
Tysm! Congrats on your place too! Hopefully we will see each other in September!!

tytyyy :smile: if you don't mind me asking, have you had some thought into which hall you want to apply for?
Hi!

Congratulations on your offer! Can't wait to welcome you onto campus in September! :smile:

Grace
BA History
MA Nineteenth Century Studies

CONGRATSSS!!!

Hi @Kizarkito

Congratulations on your Medicine offer! Can't wait to welcome you onto campus in September! :smile:

Grace
BA History
MA Nineteenth Century Studies
@Kizarkito Hi I just accepted my EHU offer for med (foundation year) yesterday and I’m so excited. I’ve heard that there there’s only 15-30 places so it’ll be a small class and idk how to feel about that. Anyways I’m so happy to start 🤩🥳 if you don’t mind me asking, would you be staying at uni halls?? I’m not but I really want to!!
Original post by SpearB99
@Kizarkito Hi I just accepted my EHU offer for med (foundation year) yesterday and I’m so excited. I’ve heard that there there’s only 15-30 places so it’ll be a small class and idk how to feel about that. Anyways I’m so happy to start 🤩🥳 if you don’t mind me asking, would you be staying at uni halls?? I’m not but I really want to!!

Hi @Kizarkito

Congratulations on your offer!

As an Educational Psychology student, my classes are quite small and I would say that (for me anyway) it has been hugely beneficial as it allows you to build a relationship with your lecturers meaning they are better able to understand your needs and support your learning in the best way they can. It also means that classes can be more collaborative and interactive as appose to purely lecture styles lessons. In addition, I feel smaller class sizes can also be better in terms of making friends and working collaboratively as I feel it creates more of a friendly and less intimidating atmosphere in the classes:smile:

There are many positives and negatives to consider of both living on campus as well as commuting. Here is a blog post from our University blog 'Inside Edge' which you may find useful as it discusses many of the positives and negatives of living off and on campus. You can also speak to current Medicine students on the Ambassador platform which I will link here. I know we have Tony on the platform who is currently studying Medicine and also did a Foundation Year, so he will be able to discuss with you any queries you have about the course. In addition, feel free to ask anyone on the platform any questions you may have about the University or any queries you may have in regards to living on or off campus :smile: The platform is great for queries like these as it gives you the opportunity to speak on a one-on-one basis to students currently studying the course you are applying for.

You may also benefit from attending one of our Open Days if you haven't already as this gives you the opportunity to explore the campus as well as speak to course tutors, and attend subject presentations and tours of subject-based facilities. Our next open day is the 11th of June :smile:

I hope this is helpful! Look forward to welcoming you to campus in September!
Katie - First Year Educational Psychology Student
Original post by EdgeHillStudents
Hi @Kizarkito

Congratulations on your offer!

As an Educational Psychology student, my classes are quite small and I would say that (for me anyway) it has been hugely beneficial as it allows you to build a relationship with your lecturers meaning they are better able to understand your needs and support your learning in the best way they can. It also means that classes can be more collaborative and interactive as appose to purely lecture styles lessons. In addition, I feel smaller class sizes can also be better in terms of making friends and working collaboratively as I feel it creates more of a friendly and less intimidating atmosphere in the classes:smile:

There are many positives and negatives to consider of both living on campus as well as commuting. Here is a blog post from our University blog 'Inside Edge' which you may find useful as it discusses many of the positives and negatives of living off and on campus. You can also speak to current Medicine students on the Ambassador platform which I will link here. I know we have Tony on the platform who is currently studying Medicine and also did a Foundation Year, so he will be able to discuss with you any queries you have about the course. In addition, feel free to ask anyone on the platform any questions you may have about the University or any queries you may have in regards to living on or off campus :smile: The platform is great for queries like these as it gives you the opportunity to speak on a one-on-one basis to students currently studying the course you are applying for.

You may also benefit from attending one of our Open Days if you haven't already as this gives you the opportunity to explore the campus as well as speak to course tutors, and attend subject presentations and tours of subject-based facilities. Our next open day is the 11th of June :smile:

I hope this is helpful! Look forward to welcoming you to campus in September!
Katie - First Year Educational Psychology Student

Hi, thank you! I was thinking the same with the class size. I’ll be going to a couple of open days to see everything and I can’t waittt 🤩

CONGRATSSS!! ive decided to commute from manny for my first year (year 0) and will probably make the move in the next but c how it goes
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, thank you! I was thinking the same with the class size. I’ll be going to a couple of open days to see everything and I can’t waittt 🤩

That's great @SpearB99,

I hope you enjoyed the Open Days and are looking forward to starting soon! Only a few months now!

Katie - Educational Psychology Student

CONGRATSSS!!!

Hi guys, I just accepted my offer for med with a foundation year at Edge Hill too through clearing!! :smile: I'd love to get in touch and get to know you guys beforehand <3
Congratulations @twahaa!

Looking forward to welcoming you to the campus in September :smile:

Katie - Educational Psychology Student
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by twahaa
Hi guys, I just accepted my offer for med with a foundation year at Edge Hill too through clearing!! :smile: I'd love to get in touch and get to know you guys beforehand <3

congratsss! look forward to meeting u soon! :smile: n feel free to pm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending