The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Has anyone studied Wildlife conservation at Salford uni?

I have an offer to study Wildlife Conservation at Salford (used to be called Wildlife and practical conservation). What was your experience like? Are there lots of opportunities for hands on experience and is it easy to make friends?
Original post by melissa.17
I have an offer to study Wildlife Conservation at Salford (used to be called Wildlife and practical conservation). What was your experience like? Are there lots of opportunities for hands on experience and is it easy to make friends?

Hi @melissa.17

Massive congratulations on your offer, that’s great news :smile:

In terms of the course, it’s really hands on you’ll get to use our Bodmer labs and you’ll also go on field trips (such as to zoos, animal parks and wetlands).

If you’d like to speak to a current student about how they’ve found the course, and how easy they’ve found it to make friends, I’d recommend taking a look at UniBuddy. If you search for ‘wildlife conversation’ in the ‘area of study’ field you’ll be able to chat to a student who is on the programme.

I’d also really recommend coming to an applicant visit day if you can you’ll get to go to some academic talks (and get a feel for what the course will be like) and meet some other people who’ve applied for Wildlife Conservation :shakehand:

I hope that’s useful if you have any other questions, please just let us know and we’re happy to help!

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending