Do you write your exams in cursive or print?

Watch this thread
Poll: Do you write your exams in cursive or print?
cursive (6)
54.55%
print (5)
45.45%
penguingirl18
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Just curious. I've tried both but cursive seems a bit slower, and also less legible towards the end of the exam.
dellam8
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
i used to write strictly in cursive but started forcing myself to write non-joined up because it was neater - never went back! 0:
baloneygirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
i write in cursive i think it's quicker because you don't have to stop between each letter - it just flows.
Honey57
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Cursive because it just flows better and it’s much faster.
iL1L
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by baloneygirl)
i write in cursive i think it's quicker because you don't have to stop between each letter - it just flows.
Same
Though it's hard to keep it neat and legible...
Last edited by Il1L; 4 months ago
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Print.
My primary school forced everyone to use cursive. As soon as I left I realised that I no longer need to use it. I switched and never returned to that terrible form of handwriting.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I've never understood how printing can possibly be faster than cursive - there are all those extra movements to keep the pen going up and down off and on the paper.

Speed and legibility is largely practice. I found some of my old school exercise books recently and it's scary how much worse my writing is now that I basically never have to handwrite so that anyone else can read it. Everything I do these days that's for anyone else to read is typed.
penguingirl18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Il1L)
Same
Though it's hard to keep it neat and legible...
Same here, if I write too quickly it starts to look like the ribbon in rhythmic gymnastics.
PQ
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Always opt for legibility over speed. No point in writing 3 more sentences if it turns out the marker can’t find the mark earning points in half the preceding 20 sentences.

I would always recommend only writing on every other line as well (especially for long answers). Improves legibility and gives you the space to add in an extra point/sentence at the appropriate point if you spot something you missed when reading through your answers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (36)
33.96%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
45.28%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (21)
19.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.94%

Watched Threads