This discussion is closed.
Mrs_F
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
LOL. OK, ok getting the ring was magical (we were lead through the factory and she showed us all these reeeeeally expensive £50,000 diamonds and then we chose a cheap one!) and it was so nice waiting and being given coffee while they measured my finger and asked which setting I liked. But I wants it cause it's so nice and we've had it for nearly a year and a half. I wants the precious! I think he wants falling rosepetals and violins (or perhaps something less tacky, but perfect still).
Maybe he has lost it!!!!! Only kidding. I would be so desperate for it by now, him having it that long must be killing you. Tell him to hurry, hurry, hurry. What's the diamond like? It's all so romantic. I'm so happy for you. :love: :love: :love:
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lynseyweth)
Maybe he has lost it!!!!! Only kidding. I would be so desperate for it by now, him having it that long must be killing you. Tell him to hurry, hurry, hurry. What's the diamond like? It's all so romantic. I'm so happy for you. :love: :love: :love:
(shh... but when I'm at his and he goes out to the shops I find it and have a look at it )
It's blue and square and beautiful! They have this 7/8 classification for diamonds of different colours and qualities and what have you. I got the quality where it looks perfect to the naked eye but with one of those little glasses it's not (so it looks nice, but wasn't very expesnive). That's the bonus about being able to pick your own! We were very lucky because we were the last people admitted that day and it was the last full day of our trip.
edit: white gold 6 clasp setting.

Wants it now :mad:
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
perhaps hes lost it and is saving up for a new one j/k
bestdeceptions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Awww blissy that's so cute Hehe I wonder where he's been keeping it. I bet he'd feel so stupid if he lost it!

As for me... well, we've only been together 3 months so it's more like early stages of a relationship, but we are serious about each other
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I would say that I am in a serious relationship (been 4 and half months now).
Serious relationship 7 years and 3 months tomorrow...
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
(shh... but when I'm at his and he goes out to the shops I find it and have a look at it )
It's blue and square and beautiful! They have this 7/8 classification for diamonds of different colours and qualities and what have you. I got the quality where it looks perfect to the naked eye but with one of those little glasses it's not (so it looks nice, but wasn't very expesnive). That's the bonus about being able to pick your own! We were very lucky because we were the last people admitted that day and it was the last full day of our trip.
edit: white gold 6 clasp setting.

Wants it now :mad:
Tell him you want it now, and he has to hurry! I bet it was still expensive compared to what other people pay for their ring (including me), with it being blue! That must be pretty rare. You must, must, must post a pic of it as soon as you get it. When is your 4 year anniversary? Maybe he is waiting until then?
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
Awww blissy that's so cute Hehe I wonder where he's been keeping it. I bet he'd feel so stupid if he lost it!

As for me... well, we've only been together 3 months so it's more like early stages of a relationship, but we are serious about each other
It's in his underwear drawer. He thinks I won't go in there or something (I'm on a mission for goodness sake! And I put his washing away when I'm there :rolleyes: )

PQ trumps everyone I reckon
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's in his underwear drawer. He thinks I won't go in there or something (I'm on a mission for goodness sake! And I put his washing away when I'm there :rolleyes: )

well if hes bought it and its all done he should really just hurry up like lol
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Tell him you want it now, and he has to hurry! I bet it was still expensive compared to what other people pay for their ring (including me), with it being blue! That must be pretty rare. You must, must, must post a pic of it as soon as you get it. When is your 4 year anniversary? Maybe he is waiting until then?
NO! It wasn't expensive. Or at least I don't think it was. It's not like > that blue, but it's blue as opposed to clear!
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Serious relationship 7 years and 3 months tomorrow...
WOW, that's true love. Being together that long and still keeping count! I'm so glad I started this thread, it's making me so happy seeing all these people in love.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what do I win!!! what do I win!!! what do I win!!! what do I win!!!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WOW, that's true love. Being together that long and still keeping count! I'm so glad I started this thread, it's making me so happy seeing all these people in love.
for what it's worth I forgot all about our 7 yr anniversary (well I remembered the month before and then forgot again until about a fortnight after)
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
for what it's worth I forgot all about our 7 yr anniversary (well I remembered the month before and then forgot again until about a fortnight after)
We forgot all about our 3 years! It happened during our interrailing trip and over those days we stayed in that posh hotel in Carcassonne (we'd planned it to coincide with our anniversary and bastille day) and on the 15th we turned to each other and said.. oh crap we forgot!
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
NO! It wasn't expensive. Or at least I don't think it was. It's not like > that blue, but it's blue as opposed to clear!
Yeah I no waht you mean, like a hint of blue kinda thing? Do you mind saying how much or am i being damn right rude?
NikolaiJ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm single. Have been for quite a long time, had a minor relationship a couple of months back but she slept with someone else... time to become a recluse again.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We forgot all about our 3 years! It happened during our interrailing trip and over those days we stayed in that posh hotel in Carcassonne (we'd planned it to coincide with our anniversary and bastille day) and on the 15th we turned to each other and said.. oh crap we forgot!
I can't even remember what we were doing...I was buried in work at the time (and always will be at the end of November unless I can dump a bunch of stuff on someone else)....I had an A level target meeting the day after...oh and I spent all of that week trying to find the time to go to the bank to pay in a cheque...
sparkly_tiara
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Single.... but looking!

Lou
xxx
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just coming upto a year into mine... actually i met him a year ago the day after tomorrow (we started going out a couple of weeks later)... its gone really quick though, and although it's serious, it doesn't always feel it

lou xxx
PinkPigeon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Err a year and 2 months with my boyfriend and it's all going too well...scared of uni though, because the chances are we won't end up in the same place (pretty sure he'll end up at Oxford and i'll be somewhere else lol)
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Me and my bf will have been together for 2 years in march. It is a pretty serious relationship as I live with him. You know it is true love when he gets up to make you tea at the weekend in the morning even though he doesn't drink it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads